Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

Not bad at all. Even with my own phone, I only get 1000min/1yr for 100bux, and this is at least as much and a phree phone?

Amazon-related, just curious…

Anyone get an email from Amazon about taking a survey and you get a 5buk gift card?

K, so I verified it was indeed from Amazon, figured wotdahell, and clicked through.

Buncha nosy demographics questions, then at the end, “Sorry, you don’t qualify for the survey”, so no gift card.

Sounds kinda shady, like they wanted to collect the demographics info but DID NOT want to pay out.

Makes me feel good that I gave them garbage info. :laughing:

Well played Lightbringer!

Thanks Cyclops for the scoop. If you don’t mind, can you fill me in on what you mean by stacking, referral credit, etc? Is that all through the Tracphone company?

I’m clearly behind the times :wink:

Thanks!

Sure thing! Yes, its from tracfone. I will rather PM you than cluttering this thread.

I still felt suckered by it, but I never give accurate info to those types of questions.

Bet if all those “demographics”-asking places got together, they wouldn’t be able to figure out if I’m male or female (this one even included “non-binary” and other things as options), rich or poor (both, acto my answers), white/black/asian/hispanical/indian/other/neither/all/whatever, young or old, etc.

No idea why they’re asking that crap in order to:

As a valued Amazon Customer, we’d like to ask you some questions about your experiences with Amazon via a short online survey. Your feedback is important to us, and will help us improve our services and support to better serve you in the future. The survey will take approximately 5 minutes to complete, and can be completed using either a desktop or mobile device.

Respondents who qualify for and complete the survey will receive a $5 Amazon.com Gift Card.* We will email you a $5 Amazon.com Gift Card claim code on or before October 10, 2022.

So it probably was sucker-bait to collect demographics and not have to pay out a dime.

Does your one year with Tracfone start at the purchase date, or can you hang onto it and activate it when you want?

You can hang on to it. If you are getting more than one, its better to activate in September, as they have 10k bonus for add a line.

K, I pulled the trigger on the Tracfones. :laughing:

Mum had a TF, service was pretty good, so 1200min for 20bux? I’m in.

I usually do 100bux/1yr/1000min, so if this is compatible with TMobile/ATT vs Verizon (forgot which are CDMA vs GSM/FDMA), I might just ditch TM and use TF.

Supposedly, 4G and 5G aren’t either, and phones should be interchangeable now? Ain’t the trusting type, so will stick with “same family” carriers unless shown otherwise.

(forgot which are CDMA vs GSM/FDMA)

CDMA is history. Everyone had to go with 4G FDMA long ago.

Kkewl!

“Sounds kinda shady, like they wanted to collect the demographics info but DID NOT want to pay out.”

just as you did, i usually enter fake information, and not the real-deal info.
most market-based surveyors will have a “target” demo and are not interested
about anything outside of that qualification. the standard brush-off response
usually goes something like this: “sorry. we have fulfilled the quota of that group.”

They already know a lot more about you than you think, enough to know when you are feeding them BS.

5 pieces molle pouch $16

If you have Wireless Charging on your phone this battery works good (you can just set your phone on it) — If you have the magnetic case this battery is awesome ( it sticks to the back of the phone with no cord)

1 Thank

Interesting looking usb-c charger that shows 3 simultaneous outputs, 9bux.

https://www.myvipon.com/product/9649366-USB-Wall-LDNIO-32W-Ports-Charging-amazon-coupons

If it was 1-at-a-time-only, I wouldn’t bother, but for 9bux and 3 outputs (even if throttled down), seems worth a shot.

(nb: c&p the text vs clicking.)

1 Thank

Maybe it’s just me getting more cautious in my advancing age, but I’ve sworn off no-name cheap chargers due to potential safety issues (not that big-name chargers are always 100% safe). For a difference of $25 or so it’s not worth it to me.

Same with anything else where my life/safety is potentially at risk.

I hear ya, but I rarely if ever leave one of those connected when I’m not like Right There.

Nice AA and 14500 light. CW emitter in it but would be a easy swap. $11.51 after you click on the coupon.
https://a.co/d/ieeAKQe

16340 light. Onboard charging. Simple UI. No info on emitter. Might be okay for $16 and some change.
https://a.co/d/758atXk