Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

Wells Lamont Men’s Cowhide Leather Work Gloves with Wrist Closure (Large) | Tan $13.
This is a bundle deal and includes two pair of gloves. Found on SD.

1 Thank

Not Amazon but trusted site

Olight Perun 2 mini 49.99$ sale

Seeker 4 mini 59.99$

Seeker 4 pro 109.99$

Nice bulbs. I got the 12pak but they must be sold out, as only the 3pak comes up now.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BP7H4XH8/

95CRI, non-flicker, 2700K, 6W, 700lm.

There was a clicky-coupon for something like 10% off, so the whole dealy was a smidge over 2bux/bulb.

It was funny(??) that the curly blub in the living-room popped when I was in the kitchen. Saw it flickering, thought the power was acting up because of the wind, so turned off the 'puter and went to get something to eat, then next thing I know, the LR was dark. So it was the bulb itself that was flickering (3-way curly blub that was in-use forever, it seemed), and not the power.

Not a coupla hours later, I go to put back what I took out from the fridge, and the fridge light popped, too! That was a 40W hotwire blub, so I put one of these Hitachi bulbs in there, and we’re back in business. Nice, too! Bright, food looks edible as ever, and best part, instead of a 40W blub heating up the fridge, this is only 6W and ends up being more efficient when cold, not less.

Got another in a standalone lamp, and it looks good!

Sooo, if interested, keep a look-out for the bigger packs and the coupons, as I think they recur on occasion.

They also got other ones, too. Candelabra blubs in buttplug shape and flame shape, 4W and 6W, 2700K through 5000K I think, but all of them high-CRI and non-flicker.

2 Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/CYANSKY-Flashlight-Camping-Portable-Powered/dp/B0BV27TNST/
cyansky p10 aa flashlight for ~13$

https://www.amazon.com/CYANSKY-Flashlight-Rechargeable-Floodlight-Micro-arc/dp/B0B8VP7LL8/
cyansky p25v2 MAO 21700 xhp70.3 50$

I got a brighter 8w/960lms version of those bulbs earlier. They currently only have a small discount but not that much more considering it is brighter and dimmable. Don’t just look at the discount as they can inflate the original price. Look at the actual dollar amount you are paying at the end. Whether it is worth 2/3 $ more for brighter and dimmable.

Vintage ST58 Dimmable bulb claims 8W 960 lms

If you like 2700k, they have a 2700k variant that claims 1200 lms at 8w at same price.
Vintage ST64 Dimmable bulb claims 8W 1200 lms 2700k

Yeh, I look at the features to compare apples with apples, then the per-blub cost. Figure they factor the cost of shipping into the base price, which is why the 3pak might be almost 4bux per, but a dozen would be almost half that.

I don’t care about the overall shape, so if all I had was a flame-shaped bulb to go into the fridge, I wouldn’t care in the slightest.

I’m interested in some of those 2200K ones, which apparently are just 2700K but with an amber coating on the glass. You lose almost a third of the lemons, though.

This probably won’t help now, but Home Depot was selling these bulbs during the holiday season in 2-packs with simpler white packaging for $6.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Feit-Electric-60-Watt-Equivalent-ST19-Dimmable-Straight-Filament-Clear-Glass-E26-Vintage-Edison-LED-Light-Bulb-Soft-White-4-Pack-ST1960-CL927CAHDRP-4/313402153

Like the rest of the leftover holiday merch, it got marked down pretty quickly, to $2.99, sitting in their cardboard display kiosk right next to the 4-pack on the shelf linked above for full price. Same bulbs in different packaging, based on the part numbers.

I needed to find something to test for compatibility with a new dimmer switch, and they were a cheap way to do so versus some of the more spendy bulbs in that specific style needed for the intended application. And they worked just fine with the Lutron dimmer.

Eventually, the leftover 2-packs got moved to the usual clearance end cap, marked down further to $1.99 each, so I grabbed another couple as spares. Saw stacks of them in two different stores, in both 2700K and 5000K.

2 Thanks

Wireless BBQ thermometer. Been wanting something like this.
Key points - no phone app needed. Replaceable AAA batts, Hate built in rechargeables in something like this.
Cheap!
$36.99 with an additional 50% off coupon.
All the Best,
Jeff
Amazon 4 probe temp thing

2 Thanks

At less than $20, I had to give this wireless BBQ thermometer a try. If it works as advertised, it’s a good deal.

There is this limited time deal on Amazon Prime, for the Wuben B2 Bike headlight, I think it’s a good price for what you get Wuben B2

1 Thank

I just bought a Blackburn Grid rear light for the same price. This is so timely… Argh!

Morpilot UV light with batteries, charger, and filter. $24 using Vipun code VLTYA73Z + -25% on page. Prolly crap but i have a couple of their headlamps that are simple but acceptable. I did not cart this…

BORUIT S1 USB C Rechargeable Keychain EDC Flashlight 80 Lumens with UV and whistle $8.

1 Thank

Got the wireless thermometer thingy in today.
First impressions -
Probes are a bit fatter than I would like.
Updates display quickly.
All 4 probes show the same temp when put into a glass with hot water.
Remote receiver settings are not the most intuitive - but OK after some fussing.
The icon that indicates “alarm on” is tiny. It’s displayed in each probe window.
Wants to be a timer - got to get into temp mode to do things.
Haven’t got a chance to compare it to our “good” thermometer yet.
All in all - if it keeps working -
Heck of a deal for less than $20.
All the Best,
Jeff

4 Thanks

Got mine too. Sure looks cool but its a little early in the year here to get the Traeger grill out of the garage. I am excited to play with this thermometer soon though. :grin:

Works in the oven too.

1 Thank

I got the one that I ordered yesterday. I was wondering about the lead length for oven use… I guess I need to get the thing out of the box and check it out.

Mine is a different one from this one. I have heard some people use them on their solid fuel stoves to monitor temperature. I haven’t used mine for some time but when I did it worked well on large items like pork roasts and whole chickens.

Probe wires look to be just a bit over 3’ not counting the prob itself.
Just a guesstimate - didn’t measure it.
Should be fine for the oven.
The sending unit has a hook that unfolds that looks like it can fit the oven handle. Kind of awkward mounted there. Someplace off to the side or top makes more sense.
I bought a few magnets with stick-um on one side that I may use to hold the thing.
All the Best,
Jeff

1 Thank

The meat pre-sets are not so great.
Beef, for example, is set to 140 for medium rare. The lowest auto set point.
If it gets to that temp and then pulled - the residual heat will take it too far into the over cooked range - for me anyway.
But it’s easy to set the alarm to something more suitable.
I have each probe set to a different temp. That way I don’t have to fuss with the settings each time.

Absolutely, Beef will be closer to well done at that temp after resting for a bit. I wonder why they didn’t include something for rare? Perceived health issues?