Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

My understanding of how Amazon “Discount Codes” and “Clip Coupons” work is as follows:

“Single use discount codes” typically have a format of “XXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX” (four alpha-numeric characters (which are letters or numerical digits) followed by six, then another six, with each group of characters separated by a dash symbol).

“Single use discount codes” work one time only and once someone uses a single use discount code, they cannot use it again and neither can anyone else.

“Multiple use discount codes” typically have a format of “XXXXXXXX” (eight alpha-numeric characters).

“Multiple use discount codes” can work many times, but usually multiple use discount codes work only once per Amazon account, but that does not preclude someone else from using the same multiple use discount code on their account.

Discount codes are entered in the “Payment method” section during the checkout process where it states “Add a gift card or promotion code or voucher”. Click the “Apply” button after entering the discount code.

There are also “Clip Coupons” which appear within the Amazon listing and the check box for these coupons must be clicked before adding the item to the cart.

Usually clip coupons only work once per Amazon account and after being used they may not show up again in the item’s listing for that account, but occasionally after a period of time they can show up again.

4 Thanks

Oh, I didn’t realize that! :man_facepalming:
Don’t mind me… Carry on. :+1:

Thanks for the link! Do these have a 3-pin out for flashing?

Snagged one … Thanks … :beers:

Thanks, agree this is a better way to list Vipon deals

No, don’t agree with me!
I think that your way of listing Vipon deals is better if it’s an eight character code, like in the deal you posted.
(Actually, both ways work fine, and there are pros and cons of each method.) :grin:

I bought some of these VTC6As today – Large amount though (100) – with shipping came to $115 – I’m hoping they test out good — In one of the pics they show good results – I have bought from Battery Clearing House before

1 Thank

Super deal.

even if I get only 75-80 good ones , it’s still a good deal

What are you building with all them?

Here’s a portable table lamp for $9.99

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C1Z37L1K

1 Thank

Man I’ve been digging through the Vipon deals lately. Sure aren’t what they used to be.

2 Thanks

Not sure with these cells yet – I buy when they’re available – Right now I have 2 scooters packs welded up and ready to be wired with the BMS — 7S6P ( 42/ 30Qs )

1 Thank

Got a Makita drill and the whisk attachment and a bunch of great stick blenders .

Knife for $17
D2 Steel Blade, G10 Handle

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BYC76CLL

1 Thank

I was able to use the coupon on Amazon the other day

NEIKO 00823A Diamond Hole Saw, 5 Pc Diamond Drill Bit Set, 5/32–1/2-Inch Hollow Core, 1/4-Inch Shank, Glass Drill Bit, Ceramics, Tile Drill Bits, Granite, Glass Cutter for Bottles, Pots, Marble $4.53

1 Thank

I have a bunch of neiko sockets/tools and they are awesome for what you pay. Snagged a set; im sure theyll be great too

I have a set like that. They lack a pilot bit. To start them on glass they walk all over. Otherwise ok.

1 Thank

That Hunter Dual knife is very similar to a Petrified Fish knife I bought some time back. Quite decent.