Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

Sofirn has a good reputation for sending repair/replacement parts. They sent me a replacement driver for my C8F no charge to me.

They are all out right now, anyone know if/when the deal gets refreshed, or is it maybe done?

Also, if you have one, can it be used as a headlamp with the 18350 battery installed? Sort of looked like it might be too short then.

Still available at Amazon Sofirn SP40

To see when the Vipon deal goes active again, log into Vipon, search for Sofirn, click the checkbox “upcoming Deals” under the Status header.

That doesn’t work with my iphone app. It just tells me that the deal has expired and to check back tomorrow - doesn’t give the actual time until the next opportunity.

I was wondering the same, but was so distracted by the broken glass I forgot to check. Just did now. It fits, BARELY, but is extremely hard to pivot once installed because one side of the mount is wrapped tight around the knurling.

Okay, it does not pivot well in 18650 form either, the mount is just too tight.

I tried the Vipon app on Android and it was useless.
The deal goes active at 2am Central

Hrmm, I almost sent them an email but I can’t find a tool laying around to remove the ring. I tried one tool and only managed to make a small scratch on it. I imagine buying one would cost more than the light itself.

EDIT: Found a watch opening tool that worked, sent email…

thanks for the feedback!

For lights that are not glued, I’ve had great luck using one of those floppy round rubber gripper things designed for opening pickle jars. I just lay the rubbed pad in my palm and press it hard against the ring and twist the ring right out.
I suppose I should say I twist it left out :smiley:

@TexasToasted, thanks. gchart posted a link above that takes you to vipon, then takes you to amazon page which says there are no more available. this
I confirmed there are at LEAST two amazon pages with the same stuff on them, but I guess the vipon link will come alive again at midnight where I live. I’ll be sleeping, but if I get up for the night time business I may try then.

It can.

thank you!

I axed Markus in his review, and it’s doable. Sofirn SP40: Headlamp with some hidden features - #6 by Markus

I missed my shot, too. With my luck, ain’t gonna happen. :confounded:

thanks for the link to the review. It was interesting how he went on and on about using the light as a headlamp connected to a power bank, but it seems like with the cable sticking out the back of the light it would not be so great. Anyway, question answered, thanks.

Yeah, I wondered if that’d just end up poking me in the forehead unless using a right-angle connector.

That is very useful feature to me. I almost always have a power bank with me these days and it’s nice having a light you can run directly off of the bank without needing to recharge batteries.

I finally got the SP40 for $13.49 woo hoo!

I got the last voucher at 3 minutes after availability.

Had to try the Amazon link about ten times before it finally loaded - must have been everyone trying to redeem their vouchers at the same time.

I finally decided to sign up, but no luck, all gone. As if any of us need more lights :person_facepalming: this was a good price tho, will try again tomorrow

Nowhere near 10k lumens so what do you think it has?
3000 lumens?

Ordered on June 22, 2019
Penlight Flashlight 240 Lumen, Sofirn SF02 (red)
I have the Thorfire PF04 version of this w/shrinkwrapped clip magnet on our washer/dryer. Nice red. Price is right for backup.

Order Summary
Item(s) Subtotal:
$12.99
Shipping & Handling:
$0.00
Promotion Applied: (Vipon coupon)
-$6.50
Total before tax:
$6.49
Estimated tax to be collected:
$0.00
Grand Total: