Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

re: Teslacom light

Actually looks visually half as bright as my DC7, so… 2000lm-2500lm? Less? I don’t want to slam it too hard by guessing too low.

It’s actually not a bad light at all, ’cept the UI sucks. Only 2 brightness levels, with both being, well, bright, severely limits its utility. The rest can be fixed up pretty decently. The ano is flawless, and it’s actually a pretty(?) light. ’Though dunno if they forgot a silicone boot for the switch or if it’s supposed to be that way.

I took the “spare O-ring” probably meant for the body-to-head junction, and stuck that on the tailcap section which had nothing. So much for “spare”…

Eh, anyway…

Probably gonna end up a shelf queen. I’m even “saving” my (BLF) Q8 with the nicer color and nicer beam, and using the DC7 more and more. Charging port which is hella convenient for 4 cells a pop, and a UI that does ramping from moonlight to turbo, is what I want in a “kickaround” light, even if it’s only a lobotomised version of NarsiM.

when you copy the coupon code on vipon for the sofirn headlight it takes you to page that says it’s currently unavailable, but you can pull up the product in the amazon search bar and get one that says in stock, then put coupon code in checkout page

or just view the item before coupon goes live and you can just click your browsing history, not sure why it doesnt work straight from vipon

I was able to get the Vipon discount for the SP40. If you follow the link from Vipon, it'll take you to the sold out Amazon page but if you copy and apply the code when checking out at the other listing for $26.99, it works.

Thanks for telling us about Vipon!

can’t share the code?

I believe the codes are one time use.

oh right, I forgot about that. Thanks.

Got my Teslacom light today and it has deteriorated in workmanship. Anodizing is worse. Has spots on it and the head and body are different colors. Barrel is milled differently (shouldn’t matter) and the mcpcb appears to be glued in place. It does perform the same. No big deal. It was less than $11.

Hmm, that sux. Just looked at mine again, both head/tube/cap are matched, only spots I found I rubbed and saw they were dust(?) stuck onto it. Checked the edges and corners of the fins, same dealy, pretty much perfect.

Didn’t open it (yet?).

Head’s slightly wider than the Q8s/DC7, so can’t stick the diffuser cap on it to use as a lantern or anything.

If I ever find my 2D Maglite, that might make a donor pcb/base vs the guts of a Q8.

It almost looks as though Teslacom has outsourced the work to someone else if I were to guess.

outsourced on an $11 item?
Whatta world!

Someone alert Elon Musk NOW!

How dare they tarnish his name, errrr, wait a minute, ohhhhh never mind.
If he was behind it, it would run for 500 hours, no, make that 800 hours if the stock price needs a boost right now.
Whatever is technically possible, it will be double that from us in like 6 months.
Wash, rinse, repeat.

Agreed, it’s extremely hard to rotate it in this mount, not sure if it will loosen up or just rip over time. Might need to put a little silicon grease in the mounting holes, but afraid it will make a mess.
For $13.50 it’s a really good deal, but I don’t think it is useful as an angle light on a backpack strap for instance, you would always have the green power indicator shining in your face. Could also be better if it had a tailcap magnet, and when your in turbo you can’t just click it off, goes back to high then you can click off. I think if they tweaked these few issues it would be an outstanding light/bargain.

The SP40 returns to the mode previous to the double click for turbo, whether that mode was off, low, medium or high, when you single click from turbo.

Yup, just not a fan of that

If anyone tries the superlube/silicon grease on these Sofirn sp40 mount rings, please report if it works. This thing is so tight and is nearly impossible to rotate. I’ve never used superlube on anything but threads but I can’t think of any other ideas to loosen this thing.

Sofirn C8-A Kit on Vipon for $14
https://www.vipon.com/product/6498758

Sofirn SF02 Tactical Pen Light / $6.49 with Vipon Coupon <span class=“it find to Vipon on “Sofirn” search”>
http://m.vipon.com/#/details/6467530

I finally got one at this price…. :+1:
……

@ bikenber73…. Thanks for the tip about the Sofirn C8-A Kit. :beer:

It can be hung like this on the backpack strap:

@ Blackbeard…… Check out THIS POST.. The perfect solution to the dilema you mentioned. :+1:

10,000 mAh power bank with USB-C PD input/output: $12,99 after current 5% clip coupon and using YH9KD2JY promo code at checkout:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C7Q1KH9