Amutorch DM80 with 8x SFT-40

Just found this on the Amutorch website. Another budget Manker MK38 alternative. Very promising. It’s also on Nealsgadgets for about the same price, ~$135, $150 with batteries.

Claims 18,000 lumens and 1389m throw. I’d expect closer to ~15,000-16,000 lumens and ~1200m throw.

It’s using 3x 21700 in series unlike the JKK76 which is in parallel AFAIK, and has 1 more LED, so it should be able to push a bit more power.

Uses 3x 21700s, user replaceable with usb-C recharging on the battery carrier, accessible by just removing the tailcap.

Overall it looks really nice. A bit more refinement and power than the JKK76, but still in the “budget Manker MK38” category.

Comes with a handle. Dimensions are pretty identical to the MK38.

I am quite happy with the Amutorch lights I have. Their UI is a bit funky, but they offer very impressive performance for the size and price, and pretty good build quality. I am quite tempted to try this one out.

Thanks for the link. Seems like a decent light especially for the money. I’m tempted as well.

I have one coming for testing…

Awesome! I’ll be very interested to see how it fares.

I’ve had good results with Amutorch products this far so we’ll see how this one goes.

Thanks for sharing this one. Carrier looks very similar to the WT90, if im seeing it right. I just sold my JKK76 (SFN55.2 3000k model), and i found out while testing it that it was > 90CRI. Not bad for that price. think i may try the sft40 version, or this one, at some point. I definitely miss my sft40 MK38.

I just placed an order for one from neals gadgets. I hope is as promising as it looks. but, I probably should have waited for more reviews. I hope I don’t regret it. If anyone is interested, Neal has a discount code. It’ll be $119 with the discount. Anyway, this review is out. AMUTORCH DM80 - 18000 lumens - 1389m range - Type-C charging - 8 x LUMINUS SFT40 LED's - 3 x 21700 - YouTube

Very strange that I keep getting a “this video isn’t available any more” pop-up.

I got that pop-up too. I had to go to the flashaholic page on youtube and click from there and it worked : https://www.youtube.com/c/FLASHAHOLIC_TV

The lowest brightness level being 480 lumens (as measured in the review) is a let down. I was hoping it would have at least a ~50 lumen low like the Amutorch XT60. It would be a much more versatile light if it had lower modes.

Otherwise the performance numbers are as expected, Flashaholic measured 14,640 lumens and 1081m throw. That’s about the same as the Manker MK38 SFT-40 has been tested at in other reviews. You could probably get a bit more out of it with 30T’s or something.

It’s very impressive for the price.

Thanks, I see it now. :slight_smile:

It is strange that the link didn’t work. But, it is on Flashaholic channel.