Anduril 2 Cheat Sheet

I recently received my DT8 and absolutely love it. Using the data from this page (which is itself based off ToyKeeper’s site), I thought it would be ideal to beautify and tabulate the instructions for the Anduril 2 user interface, and so created the table you see above.

There have been other attempts using flowcharts which look great, but I feel a 2D table is a more natural and information dense way of visualizing the UI, especially as it more easily allows ordering of click amounts and larger text relative to the image size. I’ve also tried to highlight (using colour and font size) the main functions of the flashlight. The lesser (or more niche) features use a smaller font accordingly (and are displayed further away from the top left) so you don’t get overwhelmed.

I have a philosophy to try and minimize white space, and cram as much goodness, colour coding and information into as small a space as I can. I hope you find it useful! If you notice any mistakes or room for improvement, please let me know so I can update the table accordingly.

Thanks! This is great!!

I asked the following question in another topic but looks like this might be a better place for such a question.

Am I the only one who thinks these fancy user interfaces only work when one is using the dominant hand and the dominant finger? Now to be perfectly honest, I do not have a real Anduril on any of my light but an imitation of it. However, the concept is still the same.

For example, take Wurkkos WK30 light. It is next to impossible to get red emitter or UV emitter to work if the light is in my left hand. I then tried to use my right (dominant) hand to do the same but used different (than the usual/normal) finger to do the 2-click or 3-click as necessary. It only resulted in blinding myself because the light went in to full white blast as the MCU behind the switch interpreted those clicks much differently than my intention.

I am assuming there will be similar issues even with real Anduril firmware.

Comments?

This is a nice chart and it’s nice having something different from the FSM diagram. You’re notation is a little confusing though. When you say 3 clicks that is normally shortened to 3C, but then you use label 3C for what is normally labeled 3H. Also maybe highlight the lockout aux mode is an independent setting of non-lockout aux mode.

The WK30 is a super annoying UI and the timing isn’t very forgiving. I have problems no matter which hand/finger I use. Anduril works so much better for me and never had an issue.

Okay fixed.

Can you elaborate? What cells shall I change / add?

7C/7H lockout mode column maybe change to Aux LED’s(during lockout): Next…