Andúril 2 coming to Sofirn - The general Sofirn development thread

What’s that I hear? The sound of [Rude!] buttons clicking away again? :laughing:

Quite probably. At least the way this country’s heading…

/\ . You must be psychic Lightbringer…… :smiley: :smiley:

I’ll never understand…… :person_facepalming:
:wink:
EDIT: The video is great Lightbringer!! :smiley:

Sadly…… right on target… I love it. :wink:

I don’t want to keep driving the thread off-topic but…

https://www.caoc.org/?pg=facts

So McD’s knew about the issue but found settling out of court cheaper than solving the problem and preventing their customers from potentially receiving 3rd degree burns.

Two. Days. Punitive damages are meant to punish a defendant for their negligence, etc. and no small amount will do so to a company like McD’s. That people still think the lawsuit is frivolous simply speaks to the skill of their PR department.

Another resource with an excellent video by Adam Ruins Everything

Maybe this should be Sofirns next production light! :partying_face:

What I would add to BurningPlayd0h's post is:

It's really quite offensive to blame the victims of McDonald's.

Yes! A thousand times YES! That’s what I need! And Sofirn Q8 3v XHP50.2 too.

Wow… 23.8 amps!! That thing is a beast…… :open_mouth: … :+1:

How many seconds does that take to burn your hand?

Sofirn : How about some sort of Big Lumen Output with good flood and throw. 80, 000 to 100, 000 lumens?

how big it will be and how many leds?

is 3V XHP50.2 a new version of XHP50 family?

sadly, they are limited

sst20 sst40 which has further distance?

I'm sure the 3V XHP50.2's are limited volume - Mark at Cutter and BanL at Kaidoman have them. Right now, Mark has a better selection - 3 different tints.

@Barry, the SST-20 has the furthest distance, the best throw.

The best throw can be achieved by using Q8 extension tubes

It will need to be a bit bigger than the Acebeam X70 and Imalent MS12 to achieve 80k to 100k lumens but it will be very sweet. Would be even better if Sofirn can manage to produce a real internal active cooling flashlight. Olight, Imalent, and Acebeam attempted it but either failed or made one that barely does anything.

Can you believe it, I actually got ruded for that post? :person_facepalming:

Oh, the irony…

I suggested to sb a [Challenge!] button in return.

Any post that gets ruded, you can press the [Challenge!] button, and the “offending” post gets put to a vote. Yays or nays whether it’s rude or not. More than 3 “false alarms”, the person’s [Rude!] button gets disabled for a year.

Sounds like a plan? :smiling_imp:

To answer your original question about believing it……
……… Very sadly, YES; I can believe it. :person_facepalming:

You’ll probably get one for posting about it too… as I will for quoting it & writing this. Oh well………

As far as your “suggestion”, maybe that would work; I don’t know. But it would be nice if something could be done, as much of this is ridiculous as far as I am concerned.

I’ll just leave it at that so as to remain somewhat civil. :wink:

Sofirn doesn’t make big lights. Right now they are working on their biggest, the SP70, which is about the size of the Convoy L6 and Thorfire S70. It is a single xhp70.2 with FET driver. If it sells well they might make a triple xhp70.2 version of it.

Companies that make small lights can’t just suddenly make a huge one and expect success. That would be like the Kia car company suddenly making an 18 wheeler. When you go much bigger, there are a whole new set of rules and things to figure out.

Maybe Sofirn can work up to bigger and bigger lights over time. :+1:

/\ … That makes perfect sense. :+1: … I have yet to see a Kia Semi too. :smiley: :smiley:
It would be scary if I ever did... :open_mouth: