Andúril 2 coming to Sofirn - The general Sofirn development thread

TheIntruder Posted …

To be fair, Sofirn has restricted Anduril to certain models, marketed as “Pro” or “BLF” and not the more general purpose mainstream models, some of which already have well-developed UIs.

Thanks, I did not know this. It makes a lot of sense now.

This includes the SC 31 Pro, but still shipping with Anduril 2020-03-18 Version, therefore not Anduril 2.

AFAIK it cannot be easily upgraded, too bad...

I guess I wouldn’t call it easy, but I think I upgraded mine in about 10 minutes.

• Remove bezel and de-solder the LED wires
  • Remove the switch cover and pull out the switch board a little bit
  • Reach in with a jewelers screwdriver and, pushing against the top of the perpendicular circuit board, pop the driver out
  • Flash firmware (hex file here)
  • Stuff everything back in and re-solder the LED wires

easier for you to say, than for me to do…

Let me know how much to paypal, when you are ready ship my AA compatible Anduril light. :+1:

As soon as you stumble upon a reel of attiny1616’s! :disappointed:

roger that
will get right on it :beer:

Mouser has them “in production” now according to my latest backorder update!

Yup, mine that I ordered at the beginning of February also are supposedly “in production”. I’m curious though if Sofirn is waiting for them to become available, or if they’ve put in an order. Because with how the chip shortage is going, it could be an awfully long wait if a buyer is waiting for them to be in stock before ordering. Gotta get in line! So glad I placed that order back in February.

Still laughing at Lightbringers post:

When is the Q8 Pro expected to be released?

Gross!! Part of my soul withered reading this …

https://sofirnlight.com/products/sofirn-q8-pro-powerful-11000-lumen-built-in-usb-c-rechargeale-port-with-4-cree-xhp502-leds-anduril-flashlight
Looks like the Q8 Pro has been released.
Its Cool White. A Neutral White version would be appreciated please!
Also, I assume it still has a tripod thread, can’t see it in the photos.

New models with anduril 2 available now on aliexpress sofirn official store

I hope will be followed by a group buy offer

You should change the picture of the Q8 pro with batteries as it shows four 21700 cells.

Also new LT1 has wrong picture in the description - Wurkkos Diving Light is shown…

They release HS05 headlamp AA/14500.
Can we get more info like type Driver,LM brights at every modes?
Seem there isn’t ramping or special features

I ordered the Sofirn Q8 Pro, which just arrived awhile ago.

No printed manual is included at all with the Q8 Pro.

Also, it runs Anduril 1 (not Anduril 2, which is suggested in the item description), with firmware version 2020-03-18 (similar to most other Sofirn flashlights with Anduril 1).

I’ll try to get beamshots when it gets dark and doesn’t rain at night…

~

In Toykeeper’s repository, there is a BLF-Q8-T1616 and SP36-T1616 = I wonder if these models are already available (ie. SP36 and BLF Q8 that now use T1616 chip instead of T85).

I’ll see if I can update the Q8 Pro’s firmware…

If it would keep the costs down I wouldn't mind a plain (but classy) looking box like you see from Convoy and Astrolux

:laughing: I’m in the “Anduril all the things” camp, but I would take a simple L-M-H (single click on/off, always starts on low) over a lot of the crummy UIs out there.

All your questions depend on the configuration and we don’t know what Sofirn uses.