Anduril ... 2?

I don't have either light but sounds like you are getting to the ceiling setting - is that what you want to change? 1 click at that point during the flickering would set ceiling to the max level - is that what you want? Is it not changing from the stock setting? stock setting for ceiling is usually 120, which is 30 clicks.

I want to set both the low and the high (ceiling). But the diagrams show to click 7H and wait for the single flash to set low, or wait for the double flash to set high. I never see a double flash, only the single flash, which should to be the low setting, but does nothing.

Well, actually I've never seen it work that way. Not sure why it's documented that way. If you do your 7H then quickly release, you are now setting the floor. If you continue the 7H hold, and see 1 blink like a sec or two later, that's the ceiling setting. I just did this on my modded 3X21A running Anduril 2 and it worked this way.

That was it! Thank you. Now I can set the bottom and top of ramp.
I don’t suppose there is a way to slow down the ramping speed?

Nope, not that I'm aware of. 150 steps was chosen to match to 150 x 16 msecs. The timer runs at 16 msec frequency so 150 x 16 msecs = 2.4 secs.

My goal in Narsil was 2.4 secs for a full ramp, but of course with Anduril, TK came up with a ramp ceiling vs. max/turbo which drops the ramping levels to 120, or 1.92 secs. 2 secs is a little fast to me.

With the source code, you could of course modify the ramping table to 200 entries for example, and still maintain a max ramp and a turbo. This would extend the ramping time, but of course there's a few settings to tweak if you mod the ramping table size.

NOTE: TK's text manual on Anduril 2 does not mention 1 blink for the first setting, 2 blinks for the 2nd setting. If it's documented that way anywhere, it's wrong!

OK, I reviewed the Anduril 2 chart here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/65927

LP got it right, but, the wording is confusing. He's saying:

Release 7H after double flash (ceiling level)

Release 7H after triple flash (# of steps)

I would call that second flash or third flash because that's what they really are. It's not a quick double/triple flash, it's one flash per setting, pauses between the flashes.

I'll post this in LP's thread.

Where did Toykeeper go? (hopefully on vacation)

She doesn't visit BLF daily, it's periodic, then she tries to catch up with things. Not sure if she's busy with work or life but I'm sure it's something like that.

I use stepped mode for that reason, it also eliminates the aggravating double blink

Active on IRC almost every day. Just too busy to be everywhere. :wink:

IRC? https://www.rescue.org/ ?

Internet relay chat. The official flashlight channel ##flashlight on irc.libera.chat.

Is it possible to have the advanced UI by default ? (I don’t mean desactivate simple UI, which seems like what #undef USE_SIMPLE_UI will do).

#define SIMPLE_UI_ACTIVE 0

Yep, every one of my Anduril 2 builds has Advanced as a default, always.

My DT8 was in Advanced UI out of the box. Not sure if that is normal?

PLEASE.can some tell me the steps to set the thermal ceiling for Anduril 2?

Thanks

Go to the Advanced UI (if you are not there already)

From OFF => 3C to Battery Check => 2C to Temperatue Check => 7H (click 7 times but hold the 7th click pressed)....keep holding until you see the first flash....still keep holding until you see a second flash....then release the button....your flashlight will start flickering...now click as many degrees Celcius you want the limit to be above 30°C, i.e. 20 clicks for a thermal limit of 50°C. When finished, just do nothing....wait until you are back in temperature check.

Anyone able to give me some guidance as to how to add files to atmel studio on windows?

I’m trying to build anduril as as a project within atmel so I don’t have to use the bootleg method of editing each file then compiling it using the build all script.

I haven’t found a way to add anduril files into atmel studio though. If you’re on windows, could you do a quick screen record of how you do it, or point out what I’m doing wrongly?

EDIT: I followed this guide and it worked, yay!