Anduril ... 2?

EA01S uses Anduril 1.

Thanks. Is it easy to user update? It’s just I’ve bought one for my wife too and it would be nice to have it in simple UI for her.

Hi.
I’m new here, looong time reader. I need help with Anduril 2 and decided to ask in this thread.
Firstly, thanks Toykeeper for brilliant OS. Have Anduril 1 on Sofrin SC31 pro and Lumintop EDC18.
FWAA has just arrived with Anduril 2.
No problems 2 feels like a natural progression and I like it very much.
But I can’t select SOS mode. 3c: then 2c to voltage, beacon, temp… then back to voltage. Any suggestions to select would be welcomed.

SOS is available only on the LT1.

youre right! (I had never tried to use SOS)

I updated the flow chart to remove the strobe:

Does this mean the UI A2 charts are wrong on the master thread for them here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/65927 ?

yes, the charts that show SOS in Anduril2 are mistaken, (we dont need no stinkin blinkin SOS… LOL)

except:

Every target can be configured differently. If you want to do it right, you must create special versions of the chart for even more flashlights.

Thanks for clearing that up. The A2 instructions that come with the FWAA include the SOS option. As has been said, don’t need it, don’t care but interesting that it’s wrong and mentioned in so many A2 reviews yet no one seems to have noticed it’s missing. I was so familiar with A1 I thought it was a fault. But thanks for all the swift replies.

In my own A2 builds, I pretty much always leave SOS out.

If you don't have an SOS signal, what do you use in an emergency when you want to be rescued?

Batt check or temp check or beacon - who understands SOS anyway?

Maybe sailors?

Just drain your battery to 3…3V and turn on batt check

Thankfully, Anduril "Beacon Mode" allows for the adjustment of both the brightness and frequency of the "beacon", which is useful when you want to signal your location, but do not need to be rescued.

I hope you enjoy your stay, Gaz14500lite!

So no SOS with Anduril2! Well that partially explains why the latest version of the Wurkkos TS21, with their new Champagne & Metal Gray anodizing doesn't have SOS. The question then becomes, what mode did they put into that slot immediately following Beacon? Both my TS21's include a strange mode that cycles in a sequence of:

4 quick flashes - slight pause - 2 normal flashes - slight pause - 3 quick flashes. The flash intensity is identical for each.

Until reading here that A2 doesn't include SOS, I was about to email Wurkkos and ask if a mistake was made in the programming, or if they were even aware of it. Does anyone here know what that sequence represents?

My Fireflies E07x Pro, Q8 Pro, and Rev 5 LT1 (reflashed to A2) have SOS after beacon

My KR1 & D4V2 (reflashed to A2) and an older K9.3 don’t have SOS at all. They just cycle back to battcheck after beacon.

Your sequence sounds similar to SOS. Is it possible you’re mistaken that the 4th flash is short, and it’s actually a long flash? Take another look with that in mind. If it’s DEFINITELY not SOS I’m really curious to know what it means!

Initially, I thought I must not be seeing correctly, but between both TS21s, that 4th flash in the 1st set definitely has the same intensity & duration as all the others. Because this mode has 9 flashes like SOS, and assuming some manufacturers do their own programming, until confirming what it was intended to be from Wurkkos, I figure it's a simple mistake made by their programmer, whereby that 4th flash was supposed to go into the 2nd set following the 1st pause. Although I assumed that the SOS pattern was for the most part, universally known, the reality may be as Tom E. suggested.

How strange. The presence of the pauses between groups is interesting as well. None of my A2 lights with SOS display any pauses between blink groups. Can you take a video so I can compare with my lights?