Anduril ... 2?

Thank you I will look into it

Do you know anything about wiring up drivers

A little, but if you have a general question it might be better to start a new thread.

Ok thanks

I was wondering about wiring both negatives from 2 channel driver to single channel mcpcbā€¦ what would happen

Probably wouldnā€™t make any real difference. Certainly wouldnā€™t give you more output. Just wire the first channel (with the direct drive FET) to a single channel MCPCB and it will have the same performance as if it was a single channel driver.

Ok thanks for the tip i didnā€™t think it would work in that way either

Posting here instead of in the D3AA driver topic since itā€™s generally more Anduril related

3 channel LED driver :

• 2.4V-5.5V
  • operating current : 80/120uA typ/max
  • shutdown current : 1uA max
  • regulated current options : 25, 15, 10, 5mA
  • 8bit PWM dimming : 20uA steps at 5mA full scale
  • IĀ²C
  • DFN 2x2mm
  • dirt cheap

Depending how it can be programmed that looks like a good candidate for rich RGB

edit : 500Hz PWM frequency, could be better but for AUX LEDs itā€™s acceptable.

6 Thanks

I2C and 2x2mm package sounds really nice. Theres a lot going for this chip.

1 Thank

Yeah, this seems like a great one. Would be nice to have smooth aux.

So is the D3AA shipping with the 2024-04-01 release? Dark mode jokes aside, itā€™s the only release up on github which contains the code for this new light.

Just curious and happy to see continued developments here.

0161-2023-12-03-2. The -2 indicates it has two extra commits to the source code after that release, which so far @ToyKeeper hasnā€™t pushed to GitHub.

TK: Reminder the D3AA is in peopleā€™s hands now - I want to take a look into the D3AA specific changes myself too :wink:

1 Thank

Most / all of them are in the dark mode branch IIRC.

1 Thank

Is there a way to change the batt check readout to 1 digit after the decimal ? Like in previous versions. Coudnt find any info in the user manual on github.

No, this is not currently user-configurable. Do you have access to flash new firmware? If so, it can be turned off in the code:

3 Thanks

Hereā€™s a build without USE_EXTRA_BATTCHECK_DIGIT, no other patches or mods.

4 Thanks

Many thanks for this build. Very helpful. Gives me the only chance for a new Anduril version on my lights, without this multiple digit voltage thing - which I personally find confusing, completely useless, and an irritation.

I must admit that I donā€™t like the extra digit either, but Iā€™ve gotten used to just counting the first two and ignoring what happens next. To be honest Iā€™d much prefer a system of one to four blinks representing 25%, 50%, 75% and 100%. If I want to know the exact battery voltage I have a multi-meter, day to day I just need to know if the battery wants charging or not.

Thatā€™s already implemented in Anduril and can be enabled during compile time.

1 Thank

Thank you, will have to look into how to compile it.