Anduril ... 2?

It seemed like something which would be confusing for new users. However, you make a good point — autolock won’t happen unless the user goes into the advanced UI, configures autolock, then goes back to the simple UI. It doesn’t happen by accident. So I removed the code to block it in the simple UI.

You can enable full power in simple mode by raising simple mode’s ceiling level. However, there are no plans to go above the ceiling in simple mode, because half the point of simple mode is to make it safe for other people to use.

Those all sound like nice options to have, but maybe not in the default builds. Instead, I’m hoping to make it easier to customize things like this in config files, on a per-build basis. Will probably need to implement a hook / override API of some sort, so each person’s customizations can be kept in a file or directory specific to that build or that person.

… which will also require restructuring the config system first. So I’m hoping to start on that soon.

I added this to the to-merge list… but it might take some time. I’m pretty far behind on things.

I’m not strict about the dev and merge processes people use. As long as a patch is complete, and there is sufficient information about which revision it’s based on, I can usually make it work.

That’s good to hear. That means I must have done something right while deciding where to put the line between the two projects. :innocent:

I still end up with hardware or kernel details spilling into the app sometimes, and app details spilling into the base library, but I try to keep that to a minimum.

Get well TK.

Ouch!! Hoping for a smooth recovery, TK! There are many recovery/rehab options for you, not always made so clear - hope you are or have checked into it.

warmest wishes for a speedy recovery

thanks for all you do for us

I kinda have a bad back, but I've never broken my spine.

I hope you get well soon, ToyKeeper!

I wish you well ToyKeeper.

Get well soon TK!
Thanks for all you are doing to make our hobby better!

When you mentioned some health problems earlier when talking about merging branches, I didn’t realize you meant all that, oof.

Best of wishes with recovery ToyKeeper! And no hurry or rush implied by any of my remarks or feedback.

I pray for you to have a quick and complete recovery, TK.

Glad to hear from you TK, not that the circumstances are… well, what they are… but at least you’re doing well enough to come in here griping about being horizontal so I presume that’s a good thing! :wink:

Been away long enough myself that I couldn’t get my new Q8 Pro to function properly. Was literally about to reflash it with older firmware when I stumbled across the new drawings! Very helpful, got me on track, but of course now I’m confused. LOL

Old dog, stuck on the old tricks. Dislike learning new and trying to keep them separated in my leaky memory. Oh well, it is what it is. I’m still here though so I guess that’s the important thing. Haven’t modded a light but once in pretty much the entire past year. Just fell out of interest and then lost all my memory on how to do what I used to do daily. :smiley:

Take care TK, don’t overdo it in your haste to get back on track!

Good to see you too on here Tom, glad you’re also still at it.

Ciao

Ok, so I figured out that the new Sofirn Q8 Pro has a different Anduril in it, V2. I even found the diagrams and got my light’s thermal settings to a point that it functions well.

Now, for all the reading I have done I cannot figure out why sometimes when I turn it off there are orange lights in the switch as well as the normal green standby lights? What’s up with the orange color? I just pulled the charger off , it was in lockout with 2 dim green lights while the blue lights showed for charging, and when I unplugged the C cord the orange lights came on for about 30 seconds. I’m confused…

Hah Dale! Glad to see you posting here! Hope all is well! Yeah, I'm still going at it. Sorry, don't have a Q8 Pro and not sure what's goin on with the charging LED's. There's probably only one color of LED's controlled by Anduril 2, called A2 for short, and the other LED's controlled by the charging circuit, usually that's 2 different colors.

So the 3 colors you are seeing: green (probably controlled by A2), and the blue and orange are probably controlled by the charging circuit. That's about my best guess on them.

It's all good though - Lux-Perpetua has done a great job with a ton of variations of the UI diagrams, dunno how it's possible to keep up actually. Once you get used to them, they are pretty helpful. L-P also writes up manuals on various production lights. A2 is really the new Anduril - TK, or anyone else, hasn't been supporting or updating Anduril (V1) so A2 is almost in a constant in-progress state lately.

The orange lights on the Q8 Pro’s switch appear to be random. They come and go as they please but don’t seem to affect anything.

Sweet! Ghost lights!

I just observed something odd with my FWAA. I’m predominantly running the light in Simple UI. I ran a battery check, and it flashes 3.7V. So I pull the battery (Vapcell H10), and check it with my DMM; 3.84V. Thinking the VC calibration is off, I go into Advanced UI/Battery check to adjust it, and it flashes 3.8V !??? I went back to Simple…3.7, back to Advanced…3.8. Did this three more times with the same result.

I’m not really concerned (although I do rely on the battery check function particularly for this light), but just thought it strange. Has anyone else noticed this in your An-2 lights?

mine with battery full charged, battery check 4 blink simple and advance; and voltage calibration doesn’t work

yes, my FWAA reads 0.1V lower in simple battery check, than in Advanced battery check

on my DMM the battery reads 3.77V

my FWAA in simple says 3.7v (reads 0.07V low)

in Advanced it says 3.7V first, and subsequent readouts are 3.8V (0.03V high)

Are your guys’ meters capable of a battery check…i.e. with a small load applied for the reading? Probably not but often meters will show a tad higher when a simple volt reading is taken without a load. Makes me wonder if the circuit in lights has some load applied…I think most testers only do like 50mA or so, and clearly some power is being used for the driver in the light in order to read and communicate. But that’s odd if simple/advanced read differently. Can’t check mine at the moment but I’ll do that later tonight.

Try ramping down to moon, then turn the light off and go to battery check. Does it give a more consistent reading?

Frequently, the voltage on the first reading will be lower. This is because the light was on for a moment on the way to battcheck, and caused the battery to sag a bit. The values displayed by Anduril represent a rolling average taken over the span of a full second or so, and if the light was on a bright mode during that second, the average is lower.

After it has blinked out the voltage though, it keeps the light off for a second while taking the next measurement, so the second reading usually has a higher average.

This causes Simple and Advanced modes to display different values because Simple mode exits battcheck automatically after the first readout. Advanced mode keeps going until the user stops it, which gives it a chance to take more accurate measurements.

To see the effect more visibly, go all the way to the top of the ramp before going to battcheck mode. The first reading will generally be low more often, and sometimes it’ll be quite a bit lower. Like, instead of 3.7V then 3.8V, it could be 3.5V then 3.8V.

I went to moon. then did simple mode batt check and got 3.7V… on the second batt check (triple click again), I got 3.8V

in advanced I got the same result… 3.7V the first reading, and 3.8V second and subsequent readings

I think its fine… a difference of 0.1V is not a concern. I realize batteries have rebound and measure differently immediately after being used for higher outputs…

not a problem at all… batt check works great… especially after I calibrated it to match my DMM.

Anduril batt check is a great feature, works very well.