Anduril Flashlight Reflash Reference (UPDATED FOR 2024)

If you set the fuses to the wrong values you can do it (e.g. for using in a product that’s meant to be protected against reverse engineering the code on the chip).

2 Thanks

@thefreeman uses only At1616 for his lights, we need to speak to all sellers in the world😂

1 Thank

@LuxWad, you might be interested in including or linking to this post by @d_t_a with detailed information on using @thefreeman’s adapter to flash the Wurkkos TS30S Pro and the Sofirn Q8 Plus.

1 Thank

Help is appreciated with Fireflies E07 2022 (new 7135+FET driver) firmware is 2022-07-04-0461.

0461 is not here
so if I want to upgrade the flashlight i don’t know if is Attiny85 or 1634 (probably 85) and what firmware?
Thanks

Anyone give me a hand?

I’m sorry to see no one better equipped than me has responded, so I will try to the better of my abilities.

The fact that 0461 isn’t mentioned in the MODELS file residing in TK’s repo probably means it was never part of the official Anduril code, probably because she never received a specimen to port Anduril to, and neither has whoever ported Anduril to that light sent her the source code for it (@Toykeeper, please confirm or correct me on this if you can).

I also did a global search on all the Anduril repos I have mirrored here in my computer (many versions of TK’s plus a few from @gchart and @wolfgirl42) and there is no mention of a “0461” model anywhere.

So I dusted my Google-Fu and was able to find this: lume1-ff-6af/R653/MODELS at main · loneoceans/lume1-ff-6af · GitHub, relevant part follows:

0461 ff-e07-2021 attiny85

So, presuming @loneoceans knows what he’s talking about (which I think is a pretty good bet), your light uses an attiny85 MCU, and at least his rev.653 code should work on it.

The only divergence seems to be about the year: you mention “2022” but the reference on the above MODELS file states “2021”. Are you sure yours is actually a newer model of the hardware, or maybe you just bought yours during 2022 and it’s actually of a 2021 design?

Anyway, if you are willing to test it on your light (after making a good, verified backup of its current firmware, of course), it would be my pleasure to try and compile a specific HEX for you from LO’s repo and send it your way.

Please let me know if you are willing to proceed.

2 Thanks

There’s no hwdef/cfg for it on his repo (only lume drivers), which is what is also missing in TK repo.

My guess would be to try PL47g2 or E01 builds and see what happens.

1 Thank

Thanks for chiming in, @thefreeman!

And you are right, I just downloaded his repo and the only light that builds from it is the lume1-ff-6af, which is quite another beast re: @Light_Veteran’ s E07 (at1616, etc).

Another possible resolution would be for @Light_Veteran to contact Firefly and request the source code for his light; they are legally (to say nothing of morally) obligated to supply it, as per Anduril’s GPL license.

@Light_Veteran, how do you want to proceed?

3 Thanks

Thank you so much for reply and for your kind support.
My version is 2022 because they send me new driver.
I mod e07 by myself with the new version but I never upgrade the firmware because I don’t use it often.
Tomorrow I check loneoceans page. I know the page because is the official page for lume1-ff-6af.
Rev 653 is the last version loneoceans used for new Lume 1.

I think this is the old 2021 version and I don’t want to use it because is too old and they used probably for E07 first version

With ZFlasher Avr and Android phone is possible to save the actual firmware in E07? I am afraid to lost it and if I try new firmware and goes wrong I want to come back.

I appreciate so much.
I have to find old email with Ivy for drivers and find what they wrote many time ago.

1 Thank

It’s an option but I have to backup actual firmware

Yes, also I order new aux board without trimmers. So upgrade driver with new aux board

1 Thank

yes, instructions here

3 Thanks

Thank you

1 Thank

Let us know how it goes, @Light_Veteran, and I will be standing by – just holler if you need assistance.

1 Thank

Has anyone successfully used “Zflasher AVR for Android” to create a “back up” image and then “restore” it?

I was hesitant to attempt a “restore” after this happened to my “back up” image:

Anduril Flashlight Reflash Reference - #67 by roostre

1 Thank

Well said. @Light_Veteran, if you don’t have access to a computer with AVRDUDE, I would try and read the same image at least 5 times and only consider it safe if all 5 images are exactly the same and they show a reasonable size. I don’t think ZFlasher is as reliable.

1 Thank

Two other posts concerning potential issues when flashing “0 KB” images:

WTS : Flashing adapters for Attiny1616 drivers (Sofirn/Wurkkos/Firelylite) - #33 by thefreeman

WTS : Flashing adapters for Attiny1616 drivers (Sofirn/Wurkkos/Firelylite) - #34 by SammysHP

2 Thanks

I think it’s just that USB OTG on mobile phones isn’t as reliable as a proper USB controller.

2 Thanks

Make sure you have AVRDude v7.2

Today Ivy from Firefly wrote me I can use PL47G2 so I can try with last TK upgrade but before I try to save original firmware

1 Thank