Announced: The 4th annual BLF / Old-Lumens scratch made light contest

Not everyone buys reflectors :wink:

thatā€™s why i put reflectors down on the bottom of the list :smiling_imp:

Still pretty funny when you think about it, going low tech to assemble high tech components. :wink:

Canā€™t make an emitter from scratch. Could probably make the driver completely by hand, but then we could also carve round wheels out of stone for our carsā€¦ Limited Lifetime Warranty (Potholes, Acts of God, and curbs excluded, User abuse not covered under factory warranty)

Some use a salad bowl.

Vesture is inā€¦

What is VOB in :wink:

Hopefully the winner circle.

:person_facepalming:

If time allows I may try something. Ideas abound; time aggravates!

As to dual category entries I think itā€™s fine but winning should be limited to one category or the other so that somebody else has a chance too. DBSAR voluntarily sitting this year out shows great character :+1: and perhaps we might consider a one year post-win exclusion in that category on winners for the same reason (they could still build for the other category next year).

Even for spectators his is going to be fun :smiley:

Phil

I disagree on both counts.

:stuck_out_tongue:

If DB wants to sit out to give others a shot that is noble I guess. I just hope it was his idea alone. Personally I would rather see him jump in. I also dont think we need a sit one out rule either. A win is a better win if you get it beating winners.

If I was in it to win it I would not be in it. I just love to see the absolute amazing lights created with whatever anyone has that would otherwise not ever see the light of day.

+1. I always prefer the champion to defend his title, but we have to support DBSARā€™s decision.

Thatā€™s the spirit! Even though this is a contest, it shouldnā€™t be taken too seriously. Modding is fun, and so shall also this contest beā€¦ :slight_smile: Every participant will be a winner!

Iā€™m trying to gather enough prizes so that everyone finishing their build in time will get a prize. Thanks to our generous sponsors we already have quite many great prizes, but we having more would be niceā€¦ Feel free to step in if you want to sponsor this contest by donating something. (Flashlights, host kits, components, gift cards, ā€¦ Anything goes!)

Iā€™ve seen where having a known unbeatable winner entering caused a lack of participation before. IMHO Itā€™s not nearly a much fun racing for second place knowing you canā€™t possibly win which is why I mentioned the thought. As the idea seems unpopular Iā€™ll withdraw my proposal.

If you open a category for the ugliest soldering work or ugliest member I know I can win that but somehow I doubt it would be very interesting to most folks and it would be a questionable accolade I might not want anyhow. Some questions are better left un-asked :wink:

Phil

I reckon Iā€™m in the running for ugliest soldering. Ugliest hostā€¦ Iā€™ll wear that if it performs well :laughing:

5 days to go bump. Getting an itch I canā€™t scratch.

Need some inspiration on what can be made by hand?

It not light related but AAWWW!!! Holy macaroni !!

[video:YouTube

]

3 days!