Announcement

yeah that doesnt make any sense at all… lights are legit until proven otherwise…

Selling a used and visibly damaged product as new with lousy customer service.

Do I smell another manufacturer to be boycotted for MAP?
Mike

I’ve had that experience with FastTech as well - some years back, I received a WF-501B that reeked of burned electronics when I opened the package. Sure enough, it was ‘cooked’. The price was so trivial however that I treated it as Lesson #1 in modding. I suspect it was human error, where someone tossed a returned product back into the bin.

Numerous later orders were all fine, and I came to trust them more (to some degree) than BG and GB, both of whom are permanently off my list of sources due to obvious systemic disregard for warranties or customer relations.

Nowadays, I buy from Simon at Convoy, Hank Wang at Int-Outdoors or manufacturers Ali Express sites. So far, those sources have been 100% reliable and trustworthy across 15 or 20 orders.

MAP = minimum advertised price?

Yup, and many BLF members don't like it when manufacturers treat customers poorly over MAP.

Both of you imply this is a recurring thing but i’ve not seen reference to any other incident of this nature on this forum, have either of you? Can you link to them please if so?
Is there any evidence that shows this is anything other than a genuine mistake, any that shows someone didn’t press the ‘1’ instead of the ‘4’ on a numeric keypad by mistake?

Except it wasn’t sold, it was advertised and when people tried to buy it was cited as a mistake.

2) We cannot determine whether FASTTECH’s products are genuine or fake.

==BS!

the real problem is , they are too cheap
yet they had to come from lumintop, if they are real
so what is wrong with selling legit products ‘too cheap’?

manker ($%$%) does the same thing
‘sorry you bought that from the wrong store, no warranty’

yet another reason to hate manker

now lumintop too

wle

EXACTLY

It is common for manufacturers to dump items with quality issues from a bad production run, but maybe not in the flashlight world, dunno about that. For example, I bought a small solar light for $11 at Home Despot and it was selling for $4.99 on EBay. The EBay reviews all said it was junk and did not last very long before failing, but mine is still going strong three years later. Perhaps they sold the bad run to a bucket shop and the good run to HD? If someone orders the FT light, please let us know if there are issues.

So fasttech made a ‘mistake in pricing’ canceled everyone’s order and for that lost their dealer license? (or whatever this is)

Nop, I was not implying that it is a regular thing.
I was just illustrating that it happened as a reply, even, as you stated below, it was not sold because it was a mistake!

I will correct my post so that people are not induced in mistake. :+1:

And just for the record, before any of you starts a crusade against me or my perspective and my attemps to perceive what is going on as all of you, I don’t have a thing against any of the stores or brands being mentioned here, despite the good or bad deals, or despite the good or bad practices they do. Zero, nothing!

I do have more favourable points on LT due to the discounted deals I managed to get on their AliExpress store, and I have less favourable points on FT due to the persistency of discountinued lights that are listed as available, that we buy and then need to apply for refund!

Besides this, nothing!

And to illustrate that I don’t care about MAP or brands vs non-authorized sellers, if I can grab a good light for almost half the cost it should have, I will do it!

I’m on your side! I only try to perceive what they may be thinking to act like this…
Opinions are not facts, questions are not affirmations!

So, move on folks! :+1:

it seems this is lumintops problem that dealers should not sell for under what lumintop says is ok i guess.

Maybe Lumintop should say a few words of clarification.

As a general rule, any time I see “genuine” in the product description combined with a low price I assume it’s counterfeit or something else is very wrong.

Do you think the photos are of the real product whereas the goods shipped are the phonies. The old switcheroo.
BTW I placed one order with Fast Tech not for lights , I did not have a problem.

Not necessarily. Does Lumintop have an in-house manufacturing facility, or do they order work made elsewhere?

We know it’s not unusual for production lines to overrun, or run past close of business Friday through the weekend, and produce a bunch of unauthorized products.

The original company gets its order filled, then the people running the manufacturing operation make a bunch more, saving money with cheaper electronics or emitters, in the same shell with the same logos as the “real thing” — remember the product is made of a lot of parts sourced from all over the place. Odds are against all the parts being as good as they should be.

It’s just hard to tell.

1.If Lumintop is not happy with a dealer selling lower prices, then they should simply STOP selling them to Fasttech OR have some type of contract or agreement[MAP?] as far as how low one can go.

2. Saying that the warranty is VOIDED if one would buy a Lumintop product from Fasttech, well that is simply irresponsible,unaccountable and I would think would deter many people from buying their products.

3. Either way I could care less because I never bought off of Fasttech and have ZERO lumintop lights. :sunglasses:

Quite common. I have an HP-39gs without serial number. The plant obviously had an, erm, additional shift. Offered via ebay for very little money.

Maybe that is where Lumintop got Manker drivers from?

The Fenix US website , states specifically beware of Counterfeit Merchandise. With Fast Tech right there on the list.
This the US retailers’ position, I did not see such a warning on the Fenix website. This could be a legit warning, or a scare tactic to have you purchase from this US based retailer.

I have two authentic Fenix products the BC30 , HL50 which I purchased in the US from legit sources, although not this one.
And certainly not Fast Tech.

Fenix has a serial number based product registration which authenticates your flashlight. IMO is a good idea.