(Another) Convoy L6 Full Video Review: Runtimes, Beamshots, Output Figures

I think that’s the first time I have heard the term ‘murdered out’ used for a flashlight. Nice work.

Hi mhanlen, I am new to the flashlight world so I cannot comment about the technical subject of the reviews (which I particularly find great and already helped me a lot on choosing the some items).

But I do know something about photography and I can say your photography for the videos are great! It’s very difficult to handle the scenes with high dynamic range with dark details and the flashlight still pointed towards the camera. Grading these is not an easy job. The angle choice of the camera on some scenes are also great. Congrats for all the work put into these!

Another nice one! Thanks! :slight_smile:

Great review. I’ve only just started doing video reviews and have a lot to learn! The large number of reviews of the Convoy L6 shows what an excellent light it is.

I like it!

Technically it would probably need a black lens too. I didn’t think about that. Thanks!

I know as far as the way stuff is “correctly” shot using flashlights… the rest of the scene is lit too, as to not make the light too bright. I often do it the other way around, because the flashlight is my only lighting source. It’s hard getting interesting looking stuff in complete darkness, so sometimes I try to shoot at twilight, so there’s a small sense of geography. But grading is something I do to all of my videos. I’m not good at coloring, or getting certain looks, but I have gotten better tat tweaking my saturation and contrast levels. I know sort of what I can do… so as not to make the footage look grainy.

Anyway, since these are product demos, it’s ok if the flashlight looks blown out sometimes. I do adjust my iris levels indoors, because walls make a great bounce lighting source. Outside an at night though… it’s usually 2.6 or 1.4 with a 1/25 shutter when I need more light or a 1/50 if I have enough. I basically wing it everytime.

Thanks man!

It’s a long road man, good luck! Yeah… its a pretty nice light.