Another damaged light

There was a thread here about a light that was received from Wallbuys with some damage to the contact board. I just received a ZY-T08 from TMart and I was surprised to see very similar damage as what was posted in that other thread. I was going to post this in the other thread, but it is apparently locked now.
I don’t know what happened in that other thread to get it locked, and I don’t wish to continue whatever it was, but I do think this information should be shared.
I’m just using this light as a mod host, so the damage is not an issue for me. And I have enough experience with low cost lights not to expect perfection, but what the heck did they do to create all the weird chatter marks on the contact board?
And why does it appear that the light is used? You can see where it looks like button top cells have been rubbing against the contact board. Maybe they tested the light at the factory? I dunno.
The light works fine and it has a nice, tight hotspot :bigsmile: so I’m happy with it.

I just popped the contact board/driver out and I have an idea what caused the damage.
The board is a press fit in an aluminum cylinder. I’ll bet they used a bench vise to squeeze the board in and it slipped or rolled a bit under pressure.
That’s what it looks like anyway.

They pulled my thread. I think a troll problem developed on it.

Was your light also a ZY-T08?

Here is the front of the pill. I see more vise marks here. Pretty sure my theory is correct.

The damage looks completely different to me. Beyond the fact that part of the damage is to the PCB I really see no similarity at all, that one just looked like a press-fit gone wrong. I see now that it’s probably the same PCB. The damage still looks totally different to me.

That said, wow! That’s some real mangling! There are several totally different looking sorts of damage to yours - the horizontal row of dents, like someone used a perforated wheel tool such as this one. Then there are gouges and possibly scrapes at multiple angles. None of them really look like milling or turning chatter to me, but I have no idea what they are.

Ohhh, the driver PCB itself looks exactly the same… are you thinking that it’s the same batch of slightly-too-big PCBs (or slightly too small driver pockets) and this is just a different assembly line worker’s attempt to force the driver in?

How did your case get resolved? Did you accept the WB’s $2 offer? Did the “faint flickering” problem fixed?

Must be hiring from centruy arms

That is some aggressive damage and really shouldn’t have been shipped out whatever the cost was.