Another episode in the gift attack!

Great looking lights, congrats Mr. Admin.

Congratulations, sb! :)

wow, that is awesome can get P00001. must have a long talk with FT to obtain that one in particular…
congrat Mr. Admin :slight_smile:

Enjoy bluetoothing SB !

:)

Will the madness ever end ??

Congrats Mr. Admin! Well deserved!

Maybe you could use the old .apk while waiting for the upgraded driver? JM or Foy could mail it to you..

Jasmine @ FastTech has been on top of the driver update, and they already shipped the new driver about a week ago. So it should be arriving within a few weeks. I would like to read the detailed instructions with some pictures about how to do the driver swap, if the lucky few owners of an RC version would be so kind as to document the process when they receive their new driver.

I really do like this XM-L2. With this reflector it’s ridiculously bright and throwy, and the tint is really nice. Is it a special color bin? Seems considerably less cool than my regular XM-L lights with the standard cool white tint.

They may have sent you the neutral White version (3C tint). It’s much better than the CW (1A or 1C)tint.
It should match your BTU Shocker tint, in fact.

Will do. As soon as I receive the new driver.

[quote=sb56637] I really do like this XM-L2. With this reflector it's ridiculously bright and throwy, and the tint is really nice. Is it a special color bin? Seems considerably less cool than my regular XM-L lights with the standard cool white tint. [/quote]

According to FT it should be 1C tint, which is more pleasant than 1A. And my sample is definitely from the warm end of that tint. Maybe 6000K or even less.

Another reason for 1C being more pleasant is that it's pretty neutral on purple to green axis. See this graph (borrowed from Flashlightwiki.com) showing how the standard 1A tint is way more blue/purpleish.

Usually I don't like CWs, but I'm fine with tint of this sample. :)

Cool. I mean, not cool. :wink: I agree, I’m pretty picky about tints, but this one is quite nice. Not quite the creamy warm color of my BTU Shocker, but still much nicer than my run-of-the-mill XM-L lights. I don’t like the greenish or purplish overtones that appear on many cheap XM-L lights.

Ahh, OK, so it sounds like 1C then. That is my favorite now in a thrower light (like the Asgard). Nice!

Congrats!

Here you go, buddy! https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/19130

I also PM'd them to you.