Another episode in the gift attack!

Hi guys,

I’m still reeling from a profusion of gifts in which an anonymous group of BLF users have been plotting a gift attack to kill the admin with generosity. And while I innocently bumble around BLF, it appears that these schemers are still out to get me. :bigsmile: Check out the latest attack via our on-the-scene BLF Giftcam®. With the sound of [insert something dramatic here] still echoing in the distance, the dust settled and I took off my helmet and popped another Aspirin to avoid another heart attack. Check out the reason for my trepidation:

Hmmm! Another Nitecore product apparently. Since the other thing in the white box could still be a bomb, I decided to delay my imminent downfall and at least enjoy the Nitecore item first:

Nice!!! A Nitecore EA4. This looks very promising…

Yep, you guessed it. Not only does it use regular AA batteries, which I love, but it also is the EA4W model, which means it has a warmer neutral tone, just the way I like it. You’ve probably heard all the chatter here on BLF about the Nitecore EA4, and let me tell you, it certainly lives up to its reputation. This compact light that uses four run-of-the-mill non-lithium AA size batteries packs an astonishing punch. On turbo mode, this thing puts out a truly incredible amount of light that easily challenges some of my brightest 18650 Li-Ion powered lights. Not to mention the beautiful color of the neutral white emitter that the conspirators thoughtfully included with this beautiful gift. This thing will be getting a lot use. I love it.

But I’m just buying time to put off the inevitable confrontation with that other unlabeled white box. With fear in my heart I tremulously opened the white box. Strangely, there was no explosion, no fine white powder, no sharp objects. Rather, to my astonishment, there was a…

… a flashlight!!! And not just any flashlight I might add. This is the Flexcandles Asgard Bluetooth-programmable flashlight, available exclusively at FastTech.com. Wow! If you look closely, you’ll notice that the serial number is P00001, which means that this is actually one of the rare pre-production release candidates, hand-tested by the creators of this fantastic light. It’s really an impressive piece of work. In real life, it is much more compact that it appears in the pictures that the other lucky first owners have posted here. The parallel dual 18650 battery compartment is a really good idea. The heatsinking also appears to be excellent. This is the second light I have received with the XM-L2 emitter. So far, I really like it. It’s impressively bright, and although it is described as cool white, the color to my eyes is much more neutral than other cool XM-L models I own. There’s no hint of purple or greenish hues. Very nice color. And the throw of the Asgard is really, really impressive. This body style appears to be a really good choice for the first implementation of the programmable driver. Unfortunately I can’t test the Bluetooth programming yet, because the current Android app has been updated for the newer tweaked firmware in the released edition of the Asgard, whereas my release candidate model has an incompatible firmware. But as we’ve come to expect from FastTech and their attention to detail, they already contacted me (without me asking them) to advise me that the firmware is incompatible and that they will be sending me the final release version of the driver. Fantastic! I can’t wait to try it out.

So, once again, I humbly and gratefully appeal to all of the conspirators and well-wishers here on BLF that have collaborated to bring this lucky admin yet another assortment of fantastically awesome gifts. Thank you all SO MUCH for your kindness and generosity. This has been a truly incredible experience.

What’s up with your pictures? You got some purple color filter or something going on there.

Ooo...wow.. congrats SB....!!!

Wow! Congratulations!!! :party:

Congratulations - I think our Admin has a new job: Gift package opener ;)

May you help us keep this place in sanity!

nice gifts from generous BLFers… congratulations, this is really a fun forum for flasholics

Dark is definately in danger with You around! :slight_smile: Congrats Mr. Admin!

Awesome! Enjoy those lights.
I have the EA4W, and my FLEX Asgard should be here soon.

Yeah, sorry, I used the flash which also messed up the colors, so I played around with the hue settings. Didn’t turn out too good. :slight_smile:

sb - Congratulations!

I greyscaled the images.

agvwrtg

huikyui

I think that what has happened is caused from a confluence of psychic projection, aimed now, at your local post office. It may not stop till the psychic flow is redirected.

You might have to go on tour with your light collection. You could continually tour toward the darkness and light the world!

None of this would have been with pit our Mr admin

Thank you and glad you enjoy

AWESOME Light .....

Gr8 Job on the selection, gift committee !!

Congrats SB

Awesome. Congrats.

0:)

my sentiments also, lots of good will going around.

Enjoy the lights Mr. Admin! :D

Mwahahahahahah.... has the fat lady stopped singing yet? I do believe I still hear her in the distance. :p

You're only reaping what you've sown, SB, and you deserve all of it and more!

Awesome light.

Congrats.