The gift attack continues!

I am officially undergoing an attack! To begin with, I almost had a heart attack when I saw this huge box sent from China by DHL (!!!) waiting for me at the post office…

Sweet! Newspapers! I wish I could read Chinese, because it must be really important news if they sent it to me via DHL from China. Maybe they released my obituary ahead of time, because just thinking about the cost of a DHL shipment from China gives me chest pains. :bigsmile: But after my vision cleared up and everything stopped spinning, I hung up the 911 phone call for an ambulance that I was in the process of dialing, and I took a closer look at the box. Hey, there’s something else in there besides newspapers. In fact, there’s TWO things in here…

No, the big box on the left side is NOT a coffin, although it might have been good to include one just in case. It probably would have only cost about $18,000 more to ship it by DHL from China. But anyway, I decided to stress-test my heart a bit more and open the other wrapped thing first:

Nice! Another charger, a beautiful Nitecore Intellicharger I4. With this one and the I2 charger they sent me last time, the future isn’t looking good for my $5 “Omnipotent” charger.

Ok, so the suspense was slowly killing me. I reached for the phone to dial 911 again, but instead my hand smacked into the huge black box begging to be opened. So I obliged…

Let me just repeat that picture a second time for emphasis and to make sure I’m not dreaming…

OH YES!!! This is a BTU Shocker… with the words Mr. Admin and BLF written on it! So it appears that the package was not a mistake. Yes, the fearsome, Shockingly bright, huge, heavy, beefy, utilitarian, elegant, intimidating, awe-inspiring BTU Shocker now resides in my humble abode here in The Dark. And it was customized just for me. Incredibly cool. What a touching gesture. This thing seriously looks like a Scania truck parked next to a Mini Cooper alongside my other flashlights.

The BTU shocker exudes a sense of capableness and at the same time demands respect. I can’t wait for my arch-enemy, the sun, to go away. Tonight, there will more 911 calls, but this time they will be coming from the neighbors. :bigsmile: Here’s a few more glamour shots of this beauty:

As usual, the masterminds of this plot to kill the admin with generosity took everything into account. The tint of those three sinister LEDs is a beautiful neutral white color, just the way I like it. The low mode is actually low, and the Turbo mode? Like I said, it’s SINISTER! I love it.

So, in preparation for the darkness, I decided to open up the new charger and top off the three beautiful green Japan-made NCR18650A protected cells that they thoughtfully included with this machine. As I opened the box, I found yet another beautiful surprise, sneakily enclosed inside the charger box:

Maybe it’s a bomb to finish off the admin just in case the heart attack trick didn’t work out? Against my better judgement I opened that silver tin to find…

Look at that! That is, look at it if your eyes are able to resolve that tiny piece of stainless steel that is actually a DQG Tiny AAA IV. Absolutely fascinatingly minuscule. It’s so tiny that I actually thought it was intended to be used with the LR44 button batteries that ChibiM threw in for free with the Eneloop batteries that I bought from him. But it actually does use an AAA battery, it’s almost the same size as one. Just look at it again under a microscope:

And compare it with the quarter that was left over after I bought some Aspirin to prevent another heart attack:

Once again, the incredibly generous folks who thought all this up included all the details to make this gift all the more special: The emitter is again neutral white. It is an INCREDIBLY tiny emitter, which according to the product page must be the new XP-G2 NW model. It’s the first light I own that has the new XP-G2, and I’m very proud of it. They also included a really nice snap-on pocket clip, which is another one of my small tastes that they took into account for this incredible gift. It’s really a slick setup. It has a nice usable low mode and a nice bright high mode. And it’s stainless steel with beautiful knurling. The DQG Tiny AAA will definitely be replacing the “Feuxton” light I’ve been carrying for years on my keychain. I REALLY like it.

So, what can I say? I’m under a gift attack by generous BLF users who are showing beyond a shadow of doubt their friendship and kindness to the very much indebted administrator of this website. Thank you all, SO MUCH, for this heart-warming gesture. I wish I could repay you all with something half as nice.

congrats!!

The BTU is a beast! Psstttt dont take it apart trust me. The charger is awesome as well. I have that one and never had a problem with it. That is like the smallest light I have seen. Very neat looking, but I’d lose something that small… Kudos SB!! You just joined the BTU / TK 75 Debates…. Lmao. Very nice

You have repaid us many times over with this great safe forum that many of us visit daily.

Congrats on the new toys.

Thank you folks that put this all together. You did a great job.

you already have my friend, blf is for many of us, a friendly home away from home and you are an integral part of that.

Congratulations sb, you really deserve all this, I can add only warm wishes as I was unable to participate but here :beer: think of it as a pint of hobgoblin from Little England, courtesy of your friend graham.

Well deserved.

Congratulations, Mr. Admin. Have a nice time with your gifts. thanks

SB,

Man, I am SOOO wishing that I were you today! All I got in the mail today was an emitter and driver from IS, and a couple of bills :)…

Congratulations, and ENJOY!

Jim

Well deserved. This is how humanity should work. Make love not war.

Congratulations! You deserve all these gifts! You really do! :party:

Luckily you didn't notice the small hidden camera, which transmitted this photo to us:

Next you need to learn how to tie the lanyard to act as a handle:

I'm also glad you like the DQG IV. It really is an awesome keychain light!

And finally: Enjoy your NW goods! The Dark won't never be the same.. ;)

Many THANKS TO YOU - SB for the exciting place we ALL ENJOY.

Special thanks to "giveaway advisory board" for their input: _the_, Old-Lumens, scaru, JohnnyMac & Pulsar and many more.

Who's afraid of the Dark Now ????

- Well Deserved - Please Enjoy

SB,

If I recall, what started all of this was when you started a thread about what type of light you thought would be good or not, or something like that?

So, among all of the goodies so far, have your “requirements” been met yet?

Just curious :)…

Thoroughly deserved!

Thanks for the wonderful place you've made. this can't be said often enough!

I can't claim any responsibility for any of it owing to a mutt costing me April's income - vets do charge a lot :(

Ha, yes, this all started when I innocently asked about what is the latest recommendation for an AA light with a good low mode and a pocket clip. I swear I was NOT fishing for a handout. 0:) And boom, I now own some of the hottest and most unique lights in the flashlight world. I am more than satisfied with these thrilling lights. :slight_smile:

Congrats SB! Love seeing the generosity of BLF members!

-Garry

Hmm.. Let me think..

You have got:
- one 4x14500 light
- one 1x18650 light
- one 3x18650 light
- one 1xAAA light

..which leads to a question: Did the giveaway advisory board fail? Miserably? Or were we just merely Canadian? ;)

Very nice. I like that AAA light. Might have to buy one myself. It does look almost too small to use a AAA but if you say it does, I guess I will believe you. Hehe.

“more than satisfied”… That is GOOD :)!

Congrats!

(& welcome to club BTU!)

Wishing we could include a favorite drink of yours and raise a toast in unison. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the site, it’s become an integral part of my life…even gave due diligance and logged in at the hospital after my wife’s surgery while she was sleeping. :slight_smile:

Enjoy the bounty!