any flashlights with more throw then a hd2010 for less then 50 bucks?

Yes - looked at the maxtoch SN6X-2S from the listing and it does look very good, seems to be a quality light, good heat sinking from the looks. Just de-doming an XM-L2 U2 1A could be up to 150 kcd or little more. Reflector, based on dimensions, may be same or slightly bigger than the standard HD2010/T08/T13/etc. reflector. A lot depends on what it's driven at and whether resistor modding is do-able or driver upgrade. The mod'ed T13's I've gotten 155 kcd from, T08's and HD2010's 200-210 kcd. The 2 cells in series lights are a different ballgame for modding - resistor mods or high performance drivers is the key to high output.

Things lacking, maybe:

- would like to see an SS bezel on this unit - step-up in quality, functionality and looks

- AR lens is not mentioned, so probably doesn't have it (not sure if a standard size will fit it)

Edit: Ooops see the previous threads on this light - about 3A to the LED which is pretty good, and see you de-domed them with good results, up to 180 kcd, cool!!

This Maxtoch (SN6X-2X) has a bigger bezel and more supposed throw than the SN6X-2S:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/MAXTOCH-SN6X-2X-Limited-Version-of-SN6X-2S-CREE-XM-L2-XML2-Hunting-LED-Flashlight-Upgrade/1104700531.html

Wow so many choices its hard to pick one… thankz for all the help everyone ill post here which one i decide on .i really like my hd 2010 but the more a light throws the better for me

It’s the earlier version of the Maxtoch SN6x-2 (57-64k stock) we have running at 175-177k. These make brilliant hunting lights with light weight (250gms), good runtimes, and the huge throw - 859 meters ANSI. Have not yet done this new SN6X-2S (63.2mm head) but with its higher output stock at 69-72k, modified it should be nearing 200k. May not need modding at all.

I do have one of the limited edition SN6X-2X maxtochs Tatasal mentions. Its a bit bigger at 10” long and 442 gms, has a 68mm head, and stock reads 89-92k. Manualman modified mine with dedoming, variable resistor etc and its output is now 230k, with 73 minute runtime on panasonic 3100s.

Maxtoch bringing out a lighter weight (300gms) version of the 2S this year fitted with XML2-U2. Will be ideal for hunting and stock output should be 75k or so - good performance for the buck.

Their quality is very good.

just shined my hd 2010 around 575 meters across the lake is that how ya measure throw? it was very dim on the shore but ya could see the beach barely