Any good multimeter deals?

Ill follow Horstmann’s advice and order this one http://www.ownta.com/dt9205a-digital-multimeter.html
Im just orddering it

I had 3 DT9205 (different in housing but same inside circuit & ranges)

3 died within 3 years. one meter last around 1 year only. Im bit heavy user. one meter had a issue that contact plates wear out rapidly.
all 3 had wrong measurements sometimes. I had to open meter and clean contacts of selector switch.

So my idea is not to buy these craps. at least go for cheap auto range meter.

their accuracy is decent. but not reliable.

I can buy Fluke meter from total i spend for those cheap meters. never buy these again.

Now I had a same meter (brought locally) its now 9 months old. I know it will die withing next 6 months.

Im not so heavy user, maybe itll last more. If it measure s current accurately for a year Ill be satisfied, itll be great improvement over previous one :slight_smile:

SOmetimes you get same for less price - thats A DEAL! :smiley:

I finally made my own leads (new MM still haven arrived), although Im not very satisfied with wire I’ve got. I think its 1,5mm2 but it consists of smaller wires, so I hade trouble to install them in banana plugs too.

But, immediately current measurement of my 3$ ebay MM improved.

I managed to measure 3,3A on one directly driven XML with full trustfire flame, and 2,3A on UF-2100.

I hope Ill manage to get some better wire, I live in a small town and I think there are no place wich sells them…

(with dx leads I bought, trying to improve over stock leads, results were maximum 2,0amp)

I bought an excel DT9205 from ali express for $9. The thing is huge and looks different to the one in the link above. Works fine.

even cheaper

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/557674039-2pcs-lot-FREE-SHIPPING-DT830B-Mini-AC-DC-Digital-Multimeter-Voltmeter-Ammeter-Ohm-Tester-Checker-with-wholesalers.html

2 for $8.56

I actually have one of these that I bought from a local shop for $15 (ten years ago) and have never had a problem with it.

Looking for a DMM with USB connection so that I can record and plot results by computer. Anyone have suggestions for that? Looks like you need two DMMs to record voltage and current charge/discharge curves of batteries.

I saw the excellent detailed review by HKJ on the UNI-T UT61E. Any other candidates?

link to those leads, please :slight_smile: (2A, but still better than original, right?)

I dont know, I bough them long ago, but they are not good man. SOmetime (years ago, opeople say they were good, not not).
YOu better built yoiur own leads, find some quality wire, buy bananaplugs and youll be set… Great for measuring current.

I bought my for about 3$, year ago, at ebay.

I bought some of those dx leads. They are better than the supplied leads but not great. I butchered mine and soldered thick wire to the plugs.

I know there are have some FREE SHIPPING multimeters to selling:here

I know there are have some FREE SHIPPING multimeters to selling:http://www.bestinone.net/index.php?route=product/category&path=35

I got it today from ownta. It ws a surprise for sure. I though it would be smaller than my previous MM, but its 3 times bigger :o Thing is huge, liek a monster MM, haha, not pocketable at all

My friend told me, and i think it could be - maybe its not the problem in wires, maybe its the connections. Because even thin wires can conduct 4-5A (like those thin wires on drivers…)

PS: If Im touching wires while measuring current on flkashlight (3-4A), can I get some electric shock? :slight_smile:

COnclusion about deal: dont buy this model, its totally big

I dont know whats with that MM. It doesnt measure voltage corectly, it shows me 2,7V for cell wich is above 4,0V.

Also I dont know what is autozero function, wich is written on the box. And more imortantly, how to use this function on this MM

It measures current well, but voltage cca 1V below.
The thing is Im to lazy to lose time on this taking pictures etc - time is money :o

That I hate the most. First you get bad product, and than you have to lose time proving it.

And its almost impossible to find out how to file a claim on ownta. eeeek

And paypal will probably tell me to ship it back to get refund.

Based on experience?

Maximum posts per minute: 1. Please try again soon. :o

žMaximum posts per minute: 1. Please try again soon. :o