Any good sources for 26800 cells?

I bought 6 of them a couple of weeks ago… Shipping was an additional $16 … so take that into account.

2 Thanks

They seem to be rating the cells for their lowest capacity so that more can pass QC, people have measured some going up to 7Ah (iirc they are QB cells). All of the ones I have measure over 6.8Ah (only 2 were unused when purchased).

1 Thank

It’s not the QC it’s the fact that they are salvaged from vehicles. Used and unknown on the life left.

1 Thank

As nothing is written on my pale green 26800 cell, I suspect I shall write on it myself. “Li-ion rechargeable, 26800, year 2024.”

I’ve had a similar experience with my (used) Vapcell-branded 26800 cells, some are just over the rating at 6.3Ah and some others are over 6.6Ah in capacity. All of them had a decently low IR, so it doesn’t worry me too much.

Post a picture and I’ll try to get you something about the cell.

I received my cell inside my new Convoy M3-C light. The cell has no tabs at the ends, and perhaps it is a Queen Battery cell.

It’s probably a Queen cell that’s been rewrapped. Positive ends looks like a clean tap removal. Negative end ding in the 8 o’clock position might be a tab weld. If you have a charger that can check capacity, it’s your test to tell if it’s still got a bit of life in it. High capacity new cells on a 1amp drain usually run 7300 mah or slightly lower. Hi amp cells usually start at 6800 mah these are rare usually found from Vapcell. Sorry it’s not much.

I have a few of the convoy 26800 cells. I bought 5 , then got two lights with them inside. I have not cut the wrapper off of them. They do seem to be pulls He even clearly states on the page for them that they are not new. The only one I have tested so far I tested with an Accucell 6 hobby charger, (I don’t have any charger analyzer that these fit in) It came out at about 6400mAh. But this isn’t directly comparable with what I get from my MC3000. For one, the termination voltage on discharge can’t be set at anything under 3.0 volts. (Plus I am using magnets to connect the battery). I typically go to 2.5 for most cells.
I will be interested in reading any further info on where these cells come from.

End of life electric vehicles in China. Commercial vehicles, bikes, trikes, buses, cheaper cars. Yuliang Battery made a lot of them. Golden Sunshine. Probably others.

My understanding, from scrolling through google-translated Baidu posts, is that in 2015-2017, while Tesla was thinking they could make EV batteries cheaper if they made individual cells bigger, and decided on 21700’s, chinese EV manufacturers were already thinking, bigger cells=bigger savings, and 26800s were born. Initially put into an application that made a lot of sense, electric city buses.

But they might’ve jumped the gun. 21700’s had more power. LiFePO4 was safer. Prismatic was cheaper. A couple city buses catching fire didn’t help sway public opinion in their favor. So 26800s fell to the wayside.

Mostly relegated to being a low cost option for industry. E-trikes, buses, forklifts, the cheapest battery option on some cars and vans, stuff like that. But their popularity has declined to the point where they’ve gotten expensive and hard to find, even in China, and are essentially discontinued. The ones for sale today were salvaged from vehicle packs. I think. I’m not 100% on any of this. Google translate can only do so much. Not a lot of info on the English internet.

Link dump:
http://www.youlionbattery.com/#/pc/productIntroduction

5 Thanks