Any info on this 1xAAA Astrolux A01 Nichia 219B at banggood?

Keep on posting what you are looking for in this light… It is helping with what I am looking for in my review….

I can tell you that medium mode has exceeded factory specs on runtime, going on 8 hours with a Sunbeam brand AAA alkaline, 7.2 H is their spec. I will get more batteries today after work…

And again: there is no such thing like “NICHIA 90 CRI NVSW219C-R9050-SW40”. It’s most likely NVSL219BT-V1 R9050 sw40.

There are no R9050 spec 219C atm, plus sw40 bin would always be a NxSL…, not NxSW…

Anyways, it’s a great LED with great tint and color rendering.

Hate the body. The LED, price and decent modes do it. I’ll grab a few on a group buy.

I thought maybe it was just me not being able to find the information. :open_mouth:

Thanks for posting that! I had thought of posting just what you mentioned, lol.
I get concerned on LED authenticity when I read descriptions like that but since others have mentioned the great tint I guess it was just an honest error.

I’m not to keen on the light’s shape as well. The LED is amazing though, same specs as the HDS 200 HCRI LED from Illumn.

These newer Nichia binned at R9050 (CRI 93 typ) have me really wanting their R9080 version (CRI 95 typ).

Good explanation. Lumens are not linear.

I wish many of my 4 or 5 mode lights had one less medium setting.

I’m banking on ReManG’s subjective opinion that the mode spacing was good. And I’m speculating that would be a minimum 0.5 / 5 / 80 OTF lumens.

Otherwise, if the spacing were REALLY 0.14 / 7 / 102 lumens; then I’d be left with what Boaz said; a true moonlight mode and two usable modes. For what I use my keychain light, that would mean skipping through the first mode and just using the 7 lumen as a low and the 102 lumen as a high. Not the best (for me!), but I could live with that.

And what Boaz alluded to is what would happen if the flashlight were run with a 10440? I would expect it to jump to something like 1 / 20 / 180 lumens. The low and medium modes would be a lot more useful for me. So, that’s my fallback plan if the mode spacing turns out be too low with AAA’s.

Modes: 0.14-7-102 lumens
sounds like the driver in a Thrunite T3, after adjusting for brightness lost to gain CRI

that shows the LED is 4000k, and 91 CRI. Nice!

that’s very helpful, for those of us who like that sort of thing

I received the two I ordered today, but one was DOA. I hope Bang good will give me a refund to PayPal or replace the light.
Jerry

Make a quick video showing one battery in the working light, then take it out and put it in the non working light and screw it down to show it is not working. I have no doubt they will send you a new one…

I finally removed the spring, and cleaned it and around it. It now works, but whenever I change the battery I have to remove the spring and reinstall it. Doesn’t make sense.
Jerry

Been reading the thread hoping for ReManG’s review. Interestingly enough, BG’s got a link to candlelight forum’s review on the product’s webpage (CPF’s review).

Let me know if you guys are doing a group buy. My EDC is currently a Thorfire ts07 on my key chain, but would be willing to give a twisty a try if the price is right.

Sorry, should have posted a link:

It is a very nice little light, and the code ReManGA01 gets it for less than listed price…

Here’s the link to the GB, if anybody’s interested as well. A01 GB

The one & only Astrolux A01 i bought from Banggood has failed. I had it for a couple months, and the driver shorted. It only has one mode now and flickers. I only ever used a NiMH AAA cell in the light.

Mine came in.

The LED is very slightly off centre. No biggie.

The white Astrolux on the box is missing, revealing the Manker brand underneath. The foam inside the head is not there too.

Seems to be quite a few people reporting issues with this light. Hopefully the minority? I’m signed up for a copper model in the GB thread, and would like to hear reports from those that have received the light and don’t have any issues?

No issue with my one light.

My one piece blue one came in with the LED not centered, and damage to the dome - couldn't clear it up with iso. alcohol and a micro fiber cloth, so it's permanent. Don't think it had much effect on the beam, but had to go. Replaced just the LED with a XP-L V5 2A I had, and actually the XP-L fit better with the stock centering piece. I also shortened the LED wires to bare minimum.

Now it does on hi 155 lumens @30 secs, and 550 cd (47 meters) on a fresh NiMH Amazon Basics special.

So far, these Amazon NiMH AAA's are look'n good, and stamped on them is made in Japan. So no run tests yet on the light, and no capacity tests yet on the AAA cells either.