Any info on this 1xAAA Astrolux A01 Nichia 219B at banggood?

I got the DHL notice it will be delivered today, so tonight I will start a review on it. Do not get hopes up on prices or anything yet for a Group Buy. I do not want to just do a quickie review on this, but I will post initial impressions. It may take a week or so to make sure the Group Buy is read, I am hoping to be able to get over 200 on an interested list, but the 348 group buy is still going on too….

How great is BLF that we may have a choice of AAA lights with Nichia 219B emitters for group buys?

This Manker E01 with NICHIA 90CRI NVSW219C- R9050- SW40 LED and the following modes:
low 0.14lm (l00h) mid 7lm (7.2h) high 102lm(0.5h) strobe 102lm
and this Astrolux are to me identical, same keyring hole, same NICHIA 90 CRI NVSW219C-R9050-SW40 LED with lens, same modes.

I hope someone who knows how to wave a light to spot PWM reports whether they use PWM or not.

fwiw, the low and mid levels are too low for my use. I already tried the Thrunite aaa lights that use similar levels, and they are just too dim to be practical, for me. And I found it aggravating that they start on low first, since that level is the least often needed. I prefer a start on Medium, like the N219 Lumintop Tool.

The Manker/Astrolux is a very inexpensive N219 option though. Would make a great giveaway light.

I too have one of these on the way since a week ago. Like ReManG, i had planned to do a secret full review. :party: but i may cancel the review as he may get his first, and i am still waiting on another order from them that has not arrived in a month and half now.

Please do a full review, my opinions are only mine. The more the merrier, what I overlook, you may not!

I was thinking the exact thing, ReManG.

Ok once i receive it than i will do one too. Your right too on that, the more reviews the better! :bigsmile:

More budget nichia options is great. Not sure why they felt this needed a strobe though.

Agreed, the low of 0.14 lumen isn’t particularly useful, other than to allow the manufacturer to claim a 100 hour runtime. And 7 lumens for the medium mode isn’t much better. Somewhere around 1-5 lumens for the low and 15-30 lumens for medium would have been ideal, IMO.

And agree with your conclusion. Despite the poor mode spacing, both are nice additions to the available Nichia flashlight choices for buyers. :crown:

If we could get rid of the strobe, I could do next year’s Christmas shopping early. These are really nice flashlights for BLF and non-BLF people.

looks interesting! i’d probably buy one or two if there was a groupbuy :bigsmile:

Yikes! Not feeling the mode spacings

First impressions:

NICE….

The mode spacing visually is very nice, the on paper numbers are just that, numbers…

The strobe is not at the end of the L-M-H, but only available at the end of two cycles of L-M-H, and is more tactical than signal strobe…

Tint is a 4000K 219B from Nichia, beautiful.

I will do a full review in the next couple of days, but I think this one is going to be a hit….

Does the Astrolux A01 documentation state the same lumen numbers as the Manker E01?

Manker E01 Modes: low 0.14lm (l00h) mid 7lm (7.2h) high 102lm(0.5h) strobe 102lm

For those who may not know yet, Astrolux is made by Manker so any resemblance to the “Boney” is pure and intentional. So far it seems to be a good companion brand :slight_smile:

Phil

No paperwork in the box, but they are the same light. AstroLux and Manker is the same company. I would say that the numbers are close to what you listed, but I do not have a lux meter and am horrible at estimating lumen, so I do not.

Part of my review will be runtimes on dollar store alkalines, so it will be a couple of days for the initial review…

OK thanks. I thought maybe AstroLux tweaked the lumens to make it a different flashlight from the Manker E01.

Glad to hear strobe is hidden somewhat. I’d prefer it gone but it’s tolerable I guess. With a grumble :wink:

Yay nichia high CRI

Does it always come on in low? Thanks for sharing quick information.

ReManG. Thanks for the teaser!! :slight_smile: Any PWM?

Always comes on in low, no visible PWM on any level BUT the strobe :bigsmile: . Not a strobe fan myself, but it is just a strobe (no SOS,or OSO) and they can come in handy on the side of the road or wherever…. Once the light is off for a few seconds it resets to low mode.