Any info on this 1xAAA Astrolux A01 Nichia 219B at banggood?

Here’s the link to the GB, if anybody’s interested as well. A01 GB

The one & only Astrolux A01 i bought from Banggood has failed. I had it for a couple months, and the driver shorted. It only has one mode now and flickers. I only ever used a NiMH AAA cell in the light.

Mine came in.

The LED is very slightly off centre. No biggie.

The white Astrolux on the box is missing, revealing the Manker brand underneath. The foam inside the head is not there too.

Seems to be quite a few people reporting issues with this light. Hopefully the minority? I’m signed up for a copper model in the GB thread, and would like to hear reports from those that have received the light and don’t have any issues?

No issue with my one light.

My one piece blue one came in with the LED not centered, and damage to the dome - couldn't clear it up with iso. alcohol and a micro fiber cloth, so it's permanent. Don't think it had much effect on the beam, but had to go. Replaced just the LED with a XP-L V5 2A I had, and actually the XP-L fit better with the stock centering piece. I also shortened the LED wires to bare minimum.

Now it does on hi 155 lumens @30 secs, and 550 cd (47 meters) on a fresh NiMH Amazon Basics special.

So far, these Amazon NiMH AAA's are look'n good, and stamped on them is made in Japan. So no run tests yet on the light, and no capacity tests yet on the AAA cells either.