Any new brighter LEDS for Emisar D4SV2?

I’ve been very happy with my Emisar D4SV2’s and prefer their combination of size and performance as my perfect EDC lights (in snug belt holsters). I have one with SST20’s and the other with W2’s. I know new Chinese LEDS have been appearing. My question: Are there any new LEDS that can replace my Emisar LEDS that will outperform my current SST20’s and W2’s in terms of lumens and throw?

The non-responses are encouraging and suggest that even though these lights are several years old, they still equal (or exceed?) the performance of today’s most advanced LEDs.

There aren’t a ton of emitter choices for the D4SV2 compared to some other models, which is too bad. It’s my favorite Hank light because when you add the 26800 tube, it is actually long enough for my whole hand to grip it comfortably. The longer runtimes are just a bonus.

Many technologies reach a developmental plateau after which they can only marginally improve from generation to generation. Sales decline because the incremental improvements do not warrant an upgrade, and the market is relatively saturated with “good enough” tech. Some industries have fail-safes, for example pharmaceutical companies can manufacture new diseases, but LED manufacturers cannot make more darkness.

1 Thank

Luxeon V2’s will be brighter but maybe marginally if not at all much more throwier. You lose good CRI with them as well. They are indeed brighter though. Their beam and tint are awesome, you just lose that high color renditioning.

So the V2’s might be a brighter substitute for the SST20’s? I wonder if Hank will do that for me. When I saw “Luxeon” it reminded me of those long-ago days of the “Luxeon Lottery!”

Thanks for that response and the others.

I’d go with 3500K domed 519a. I have a single channel DT8 with those and it makes a beautiful wide beam for walking around at night with other people.

I have one with XPL-HI 5000k’s. You might have to special request them though.

Luxeon V2s are worse than XPL HI in output, beam quality, tint, and CRI. Had them in a S2+ triple and immediately swapped them out for XPL-HIs.

Shining some lights at the ocean. The Owleyes Pro looks wild. Also loving the two D1s with the W2 blue and SBT90.2

Curious what differences do you notice between the SST 20’s and W2’s?

I think you’ve thought about the 4040 Luxeon V.

Afaik thete’s no 5050 MCPCB for the Emisar lights.