Any new info on 14500 batteries - need around 10pcs, maybe 8pcs.

Even an unprotected cell will dim when cell drops to 3V. Easy enough to pull out and recharge then.

Yeah, plus if I pull Olights 14500 out my S15R I can replace it with unprotected Sanyo cell since Olight has low voltage protection.

Olight replied, surprisingly fast, that they use Panasonic cell with Olights protection circuit.

Is there any other 14500 with Panasonic cell? Ah, given that Pana bought Sanyo battery business a while ago and started to phase out Sanyo branding, it could as well be exactly the same, well regarded, Sanyo cell inside.

I guess were on the safe side then?

I have 1 Olight 14500. It is rated at 750 mAh and tested at 700 mAh by my Opus at 1A draw. I am happy with it, but the DEWorld 14500’s that I got from the Radio Shack clearance sale do a little better. Rated at 750mAh, they actually do 800mAh on the Opus.

Hmm, interesting…

What happened to Nitecore’s IMR 14500? It was discussed a fair amount a few months ago, but I notice it’s not on their website. Also there was a thread questioning its performance (Side-by-side beamshot comparison between Sanyo (non-IMR) and the Nitecore IMR 14500 on two NC EA11s (now with VIDEO CLIP)). Did it get discontinued or something?