Any one tried this Nitecore HC50 Clone ?

Hello

I have found This Boruit RJ - 02 CREE R5 on Gearbest and i was thinking to buy it for some of my Friends that got fascinated by my Nitecore HC50, yes they need head Flashlight but not for 60$

I like it because it have a charging micro USB slot , but i am wondering what emitter it has.

So any one got any information about this one ?

I was looking at it the other day… it has less power and doesn’t have the two red LEDs

I think it uses a XP-G R5

Looks very decent for the price, but don’t expect it to be even half as bright as the HC50. If they are willing to spend a bit more they can go for the nitecore HC30 or the Xtar warboy H3. Both can be found around $30, I have the H3 and it feels like a budget version of a zebralight, for someone that hasn’t owned any bright headlamps before, these will blow their minds.

I wonder about the micro-USB port. I bet that there's no charging circuitry in there and that the port is directly connected to the battery, hoping that sag gets the voltage down to charging voltage.

Someone has to gamble and try it

Better listen to this, I have H3 and while not perfect, it will be miles ahead of that HC50 clone ;)!

I find it hard spending something on such cheap looking ripoff clone, looked at it myself couple of weeks ago, but the whole thing looks like crap that doesnt inspire confidence in its performance.

Whilst I have never tried the Boruit RJ – 02 CREE R5, it is obvious that it is a “Clone” of the Nitecore HC50 only in the sense that its external appearance is somewhat similar. As far as operation, and specification goes, it is an entirely different type of lamp.

It seems to have only two modes, on and off. It does not have a red beam. The quoted beam range “Beam Distance: 400-500m” is obviously pure fantasy, you can probably knock at least one zero off that figure. Either that, or the beam is as wide as a pencil. Perhaps it is worth $11.61, I don’t know, but don’t kid your self that it is a clone of the Nitecore HC50 in any meaningful sense.

I’ve got two of them. Their a great around the house light. It has a ramping and last setting memory. Click the switch on and hold it down and the light increases brightness slowly until it reaches full brightness and then ramps down to minimum brightness. It also has a sensor on the front. Two quick clicks and it’s activated. Move your hand across the front of the light and it turns on at full power, do it again and it turns the light off. It does not have a red LED. Build quality seems good. I’m pretty sure I could drive my truck over it and not hurt it. At a little less than ten dollars you can’t go wrong. I also have a warboy H3 nad Nitecore HC50. If my life depended on it I’d go with the Nitecore followed by the Warboy and then the Boruit RJ-02. The nitecore is rock solid and the Warboy has twice the lumens on high. Time will tell about the Boruit light. I just haven’t used it enough to trust it in emergency situations.

what emitter it has mnmegan ?

I’m sorry, I’m not knowledgeable about emitters. How can I tell which one it is.

There is a newer thread with some good info here-