Any recent experiences with NON-Energizer PRIMARIES?

Energizer Ultimate primary (disposable lithium) batteries are crazily expensive now. Does anyone have and experiences with any of the NON-Energizer brands of AA or AAA disposable lithium batteries? I have a few applications where their long life and cold temperature performance is appreciated.

1 Thank

I purchased EBL AA batteries in June 2021 and Bevibor AAA from Nov 2020. So far the unused ones still have a charge and some others are still going working inside some flashlight strewn around in various places.

1 Thank

Do 3v coin batteries count? Not AA/AAA but still lithium primary. Comparable anyways.

If so, Ive bought like a 50 pack of the pkcell kind of stuff off AliExpress for the same price as 1 energizer, but they don’t last long. It probably works out to about 10:1. So you’re changing batteries out a lot but it’s cheaper overall. I wouldn’t use them in anything I needed to work 100% of the time.

I’ve had the same thing happen those and another brand I don’t recall the name. For what I used them for it was not worth the bother of many more cell changes.

The EBL AA do have some good reviews and appear to be a good value. I’m still on the fence.

Those are looking like I may try an 8 pack and use 6 immediately.

I paid $35 for 18 AAs at Sams Club last week. I thought it was a bit much. These are truly the best thought. Never ever leak. Virtually endless shelf life. They last 4 years in my thermostat.

Tried that same coin cell gambit. Utter failure.
No experience with other brands in AA/AAA.

Same here. Went back to energizer for the stuff I need to work. Was really annoying every 3 weeks having my car beep at me to change key fob battery. I still use the cheap ones for stuff that doesn’t matter. And I put my key fob in a high tech Faraday cage- flashlight box wrapped in tinfoil- to try and get the energizers to last as long as possible.

Idk if this does anything but I had a vacuum sealer for a week before I returned it and I vacuum sealed everything in my house that week, including all the energizer lithium coin cells and cr123’s lol. If I don’t get the 10 year shelf life from them after that I’m suing.

Thanks for the report. I’d only looked up primary lithium cells on Amazon, where they have several brands, but each of them had at least one disappointing review, so I backed away. Still buying Energizers.