anyone baked an m10 yet?...... (they have now )

Sweet! Thanks.

I’ll try it out very soon a report back. :beer:

BTW, can you predict what the color will change into?

I tried baking/grilling a mini magLite a couple of weeks ago. The bezel slightly changed, but almost no change to the head and body. Maybe slightly brown in the right light, but really not much difference at all.

There’s a few pictures up here, they are what you can expect.

Here’s one of the original threads. Basically, the hotter you get it, the brighter it goes.

Thanks. That’s were I got the idea from.

So far I’ve done a 2D Mag. Body and tailcap changed slightly, sort of a deep Met purple. You can tell it’s no longer black but it’s hard to see what colour it really is. Head went a deep burgundy red and the bezel somewhere between the body and head.

The Mini Maglite saw the least change, not sure if Mag ever did a HAIII version, but it wasn’t a shiny finish to begin with. It has changed a bit, but not much and it was in the oven for hours at max temp.

Also done one of my SK68’s, that went bright copper coloured in 15-20 mins (vs 2-4 hours for the Mags).

I think the final color depends more on the dye used originally than the baking temperature. If it’s going to turn orange, you can get somewhere between black and orange by not baking it for quite as long or at as high a temperature. But like you found with the Maglite, some lights just aren’t going to change very much.

Oh lookee… there’s another picture of a torched fade on that linked thread… :stuck_out_tongue:

But that one at the top of this thread is gorgeous!