Anyone else who doesn’t wear a watch?

I’m sitting here watching Battlestar Galactica and the strangest thing occurred to me. I haven’t worn a watch for years and I don’t even own one. I’m not wealthy but I’m far from poor and for some reason I just don’t wear a watch. It never felt weird before now…

Cell phones have replaced watches. i don’t wear mine anymore either.

3 Thanks

Pretty solid watch for everyday use !

3 Thanks

I don’t usually wear a watch. I ended up getting a Casio G-Shock to knock around. It runs about 10 second fast per month but there’s a trimmer that allows this to be adjusted. Hopefully it can be a bit more accurate.

1 Thank

not me
staunch watch wearer

too slow to look at a phone

$200 limit, so far
this one was from ebay

2 Thanks

Wow that’s sweet looking

I have a friend who’s obsessed with expensive watches. He and his wife wear $30K Rolexes but have to live with her parents bc he can’t afford an apartment.

But he always knows what time it is :laughing:

2 Thanks

no watch, no rings, no jewelry. that’s just junk that gets in the way :slight_smile:

phone, wallet, small pocket knife, sc64

2 Thanks

What… !?

Ya I usually have a couple knives, a tactical pen, a flashlight of course, my 1.2 watt green laser, and a tactical baton

Not always carrying a cellphone necessitates wearing a watch. There are no wall clocks any more.

I feel perfectly comfortable with the break in connection that comes from being phoneless, but not knowing the time is disorienting.

thanks
‘real’ watch people snicker
because the face is ‘busy’
and the seconds tick instead of sweeping
it;s a great watch though

Used to wear a watch regularly, but between work from home for 3 years now and the strap on my casual watch failing some time back I’ve mostly stopped wearing watches.

Stopped wearing watches a while back, I just use my phone to see the time and check for emails and social updates.

I love wearing a watch!
I refuse to look at my smart phone to see the time.
My favorite watch is the Casio GD350.
It has a nice vibration feature that is very useful because I wear headphones so frequently.
The watch is a bit expensive, but I cannot find one that is better (for me) for under $100

When I was in grade school, high school, and maybe part of college, I didn’t wear a watch, and I never knew what the time was unless I could see a clock.
If I were to re-live my life, I would start wearing a watch as a child so that I always knew what time it was. :yum:

3 Thanks

Remember these? I had one when I was a kid:

3 Thanks

In my younger days, I was never without my Citizen EcoDrive .

I took a job that required me to wear ZERO items on hands, fingers, wrists.
I’ve since given up my daily wear - and NO I don’t live life with a cell phone attached to my person.

I wear my Seiko Kinetic or my Citizen Paradigm EcoDrive when I go out, alternating as per occasion.
I actually DO miss wearing daily.

I have never been able to get used to fishing my phone out of a pocket to see the time… Also seeing the damn thing when in direct sun is a PIA. I don’t typically wear a watch around the house or for quick trips to the store. But when I am out of the house for a period of time I always put one of the few that I have on my wrist. I actually wear the watch more often than I take my phone with me. Maybe the most frequent one is the Casio Gshock with auto time setting .

Casio W-800H. I like being able to see the time without getting my phone out.

Working outside, it’s nice to be able to check the time even if it’s raining or my hands are filthy.

Weirdly, if I dont wear a watch while I sleep, I sleep terribly. I’m not sure if it’s psychological or whether I sleep more deeply after sub-conciously checking the time in the night…

1 Thank

I used to wear a time Ironman but I can’t deal with watches for comfort reasons
I can’t tolerate a loose watch and the tightness that they’re comfortable at is not good for wearing long-term
I occasionally wear it briefly, but now that I work from home it has been a while

Have not worn one for over a decade, have few pairs somewhere, one probably has a battery leak out and destroy them, another one is self winding should still be good. My wife is the same way, has citizen eco, and a apple watch both are somewhere in the house, does not look like either of us is planning to wear them.