Anyone has the tank E09?

hmmm

Serial no 203090854

Comparison photo in this moment I cant

Also I dont have protected 10440, only unprotected

What happened to your pair of grey/gray Protected Trustfire 10440's??

( see my sig, a factory fresh V3 is on my way with Registered China Post, we can then compare serial numbers!! )

All my protected 10440 died due to over-discharging at more than 1Amp during long periods……. The cells aged and they were unusable (only a few seconds on high mode then go pofff) and I threw them to recycle

Just got my gunmetal one from Dino in the mail Saturday. It has 2 holes and a little more prominent slot in between them than my black E09. Serial Number is 203090838.

Yours has only 2 holes

Mine comes from another planet!!!

2 holes in mine too. SN 203090849

I’m a quiet reader for months already, but now i coudn’t resist to report:
Received 2 gungray E09 yesterday
s/n:203090846 “What a coincidence!”
s/n:203090977

Both with 2 holes…

Hallo Scholli, will coming on board! ;)

Nice high serial number you got! It's a matter of days to receive my V3, and then we can finally compare and party!!

??

lol

hmmm so I received a “genetically manipulated” E09 with 4 holes instead of 2………

I will have to take photos and upload them to proof that mine has 4……………

Welcome aboard, lieber Scholli!

OK, this is the best I can do with my crappy phone camera

Left: gungray E09 with 2 holes
Right: gungray E09 with 4 holes!!

You can clearly see 4 holes in this photo

Difficult to see in this photo. From Left to right

Black E09 V1, GunGray E09 V2, GunGray E09 unknown version

If you have eagle eye, you can see that the top right (the 4 holes one) has the battery tube about 1mm longer (yes, impossible to see in the photo)

I wasn’t aware of the delayed memory with my original E09 (single hole #109090242); and thinking the mode selection might be temperamental ordered a ‘tinned’ unit for comparison.

This arrived some weeks ago (dual holes with a slot between). #203091736 - a larger, more legible serial number for my aging night vision. In the meantime I found reference to this delayed memory in a review :wink:

Welcome to the family, Old Eyes need Light!

My gunmetal E09 works great, good beamshot(looks like a rose out of focus, way better of rings) with neutral tint, high is more a turbo not worth and when battery is so discharged that cant handle even the low …go in fast strobo mode funny xD

Quality is good but not top, anodizing have a little imperfection and head and body have different shades of color
anyway looks awesome a little tank! well worth my money:)
my only cons considering the price is just about the driver, impress for the light on high but… not really usable mid and low have slow PWM

just 2 holes :frowning: sn:203090991

Here a news update to whom it will concern ;)

Due to factory time constraints and some misunderstanding between several parties involved in the process (Parteeeehhh!! :party: ) the factory has *not* produced the real V3 with the longer bodies (i suggested anything between 53-54mm, so presumably 53.5mm should be an optimal choice) yet. I did receive an updated factory sample yesterday which looks better and improved over the V2 but since it still lacks the requested longer body length, for our purposes i will refrain from calling/naming it "V3" (it's more like "nicer V2's"). After apologies from their part and clearing the misunderstanding they promised to finally produce and test samples with the longer bodies (to fit all brands of Protected 10440's and not only the Protected gray Trustfire) as soon as their time schedule is fit for it. For weeks and months, they've been very busy with preparations incl. flashlight manufacturing and stocking for the recent Beijing outdoors trade show and the important upcoming outdoors trade fair in our country, so that there was a mix-up of information streams regarding my production request. Nicer E09 V2 batches (=that's what i got!) for the 2 trade shows were produced and some confused the production output with internally labeling it "V3" but the my request for the real V3 is still in the pipe and not yet processed in the factory. Thanks god however the real V3 is said to be produced in near future, in about 1 month. Then final availability thru MF or DD.. that's yet another story.

For people who dont intend to buy Protected grey Ultrafire 10440 (most people bought the Protected grey Trustfire 10440) the info about V3 and longer bodies is unimportant. In fact, what i received yesterday is the nicest of my 5 E09's so far (looks, machining), thicker Alkalines and non-Eneloops fit again without problems, and my specimen has a tight defined hotspot (with very bright spill as always and hardly notable corona artifacts) and its XP-E R3 is as super bright as my V2 copy (with the XP-E R3 too) and clearly brighter than my V1 (with the XP-E R2). Maybe due to the high brightness the tint looks better, i.e. cleaner or improved, too. The lowish PWM (typical with most budget lights i would say) is still there but apart from that the shipped unit is absolutely lovely. It came with a printed manual as well, what a nice professional touch! Only very few buyers in the world will ever buy and use Protected grey Ultrafire in the forthcoming V3 .. simply because 10440's are in general not popular at all (see HKE or the extremely limited selection of 10440's on the current market; many flashlight dealers dont sell any 10440's!!!). But once the longer bodies are out anyway, the E09 will represent imo the nicest flashaholic's keychain budget light and stay deservedly popular as it already is. Almost a "legendary" EDC ;)

Many of us BFL members and also fonarevka members and ForoLinternas members purchased the E09 already (V1, V2, or the colored ones V1 and V2). As mentioned, i once had 5 copies (and gifted 2 of them away as nice cheap b-day present hehe). Let's see if DD gives us a chance to buy the real V3 at a very low (starting) price later this year a la groub buy, maybe around Black Friday. Until then i will continue to feed the Protected grey Ultrafire in conjunction with the 1x copper sealing washer, no big deal! And where can i get more Dinopoints and new giftcards please?

Fyi the serial number of my new sample (has 2 holes!) is 204090789.

Mine has # 203091917. Two holes.

If the fifth 9 is model number. What is the sixth figure: 1 ?

Salut Nautic, the serial number decodification is not to be revealed .. the "1" probably means one-thousand as we would guess. The flashlight bodies are produced in sizable batches, then at that time serialized accordingly and finally stocked for later assembly at an unknown future point in time. Your E09 body was produced alongside of 1 thousand others at about the same time. A freshly assembled product leaving the factory does not necessarily bear a fresh stamp because of the stocking issue. In any case, for our purposes, it will be very easy to identify the real V3: as we are going to see, the number will have to begin with a number higher than # 203.. or # 204..

SO I am the only who has the E09 with 4 holes

Here is what i meant with "nicer V2". The tail has optimized holes and the head has rounded edges. The upper parts are the nicer V2, and the lower parts are taken from the original V2:

The "nicer V2" is minimally shorter because of the shorter head.

V2: total length 70.53mm

nicer V2: total length 70.01mm (very nice!)

As you can see above the machining of the head is clearly different between the two V2's. But 4 holes fran?? I would contact DD chat and ask for a 7$ giftcard partial refund!!

if yours is really the only one with four holes be glad.
You got the “Tank007 e09 blue mauritius edition” even kreisler was always panting for…

Really a nice individual item, so far