Anyone has the tank E09?

+ 1

i am not only the banned smart*$$ but i did contact Selina (who isnt necessarily an engineer). She clearly told me what i had said in my previous posts: 1.5V Alkalines, ANSI (FL-1), 120 lumens, webpage correction, etc.

in any case, doesnt really matter too much what has been said or emailed. it's now *our task* to compare it against reference lights (iTP A3 XP-G R5, Preon 1, ..).

My Brinyte PD03a is brighter than the Tank E09 a friend ordered as a Christmas present for someone else. The mentioned Fenix clip fits like a glove on the PD03a (no wonder as it is a Fenix LD01 clone) ... too bad my post at jayki about it was lost.... see below. If it hadn't those darn strobe modes... I would rate it higher than the Tank and even the ITP/Maratac/Olight lights. The only thing missing was a suitable,strong,affordable clip, which I found on a US-site .. too bad they don't ship to Europe without BLF-forwarding-services. ;-)

Hehe, the waybackmachine rocks.

i'll check out and compare the specs of the Brinyte :)

dimmer or not, for sure the Tank is cheaper (thru coupons on DD) and newer! harhar

;)

i ordered 5 from DD three week past and received a Emile to confirm my order and payment but nothing to say what was happening with my order

so i contacted them and and have had 2 Emails back asking me to please be patient

only to day have i received a email to say it has been sent out it will probably be another 3-4 weeks for it to arrive

why dose it take so long to get a order from these dealers

i orderd stuff from HK on ebay before Xmas and it all arived 1-2 weeks

Has anyone taken a look at the pill & driver?

Is the head one piece or two? Perhaps there is a seam at the edge of the knurling. I hope.

I'm Always thinking of possible mods & I think this thread is going to Force me to buy E09. Tiny AAA/10440 H,M,L... How can I resist.

I think the head is one piece. There might be a seam between the hex nut and the knurled head but I don't really think so. If there is a joint then its well and truly glued solid.

We shall see how soild... ※Lights blowtorch & laughs maniacally※

First thing I seem to do after checking if a light works is disassemble it. Must assess for possible mods. Actually most anything that has batteries or plugs in meets the same fate. If I truly can't disassemble something its value plummets for me.

Heating glued threads does seem to help break them free. Going to hold out hope on a seam I can torch.

I'm inclined to do the same. But I stop at creating seams that weren't there in the first place.........

Bought the E09 from Dinodirect on December 19th, and it just arrived today (California, USA).

Not bad. Have some problem with light turning off and flickering, so I'll clean the contact and see if that improves it. Seems very bright. Wish I had my ITP A3 to compare with, but lost it just last week haha. It's a very small light, and will replace my Fauxton on my keychain very soon.

Did not come with lanyard or AAA battery.

Using rechargeable NIMH, Hi is brighter than the Tank007 E07 BLF though. And tad bluer, and less noticeable rings.

Which price did you pay $11.69 sale price or $15.69?

That fact that the $11.69 one doesn't actually say E09 has me a bit concerned.

Got a picture of mine in one day. :D

I purchased the $11 version, with a 10% off coupon.

Comparing it to the Tank007 BLF, the E09 has a much wider spread and much more focused hotspot.

When was yours shipped (pre-ship photo)?

i had ordered mine on Dec 20th, and it was shipped on Dec 24th. From Dec 24th to Jan 7th it's only 2 weeks .. yet it feels like ages and makes me sweat

I received it today from dd

Nice flashlight only the pwm on low and med is the same (or a bit slower) visable freq. as the (older) ITP A3 upgraded

very nice tint (cool with a hint of warm) somewhat tighter hotspot with very faint artifacts.

I am very happy with it and it will replace my A3 because of the better throw and higher output

some fast numbers in comparison with the older itp A3 on the same nimh

ceiling bounce:

a3 e09

6.3 12.0 M

2.5 2.5 L

30 38 H

Amps in mAh:

22 35 L

40 60 M

800 940 H

Oh My God! This flashlight is going to be better than I thought!

Thanks for the data and test!!!!

Now, DinoDirect: Will I receive my lovely E09? when? I am anxious!

i thought it was current controlled.. hmm.

Thanks for the measurements!!

Too bad, DD uppered the price to 12,99$ now (the cheapest version)

S^it!!!!!

I have paid the 11.69 sale price plus dinopoints and coupon code fonarevka. Today i received ALL of my Tank-related stuff: 3 copies, and 1 original Tank007 diffuser.

This little torch is insanely bright!! Brighter than my iTP A3 Titanium!!

I am so happy with it (and i will write more later today), i've ordered 2 more of them.

Thanks to the dinopoints (and my birthday dinopoints haha) i can afford so many Tank's *GGG*

fran and i we will review it in more detail!!

I didnt buy it just yet, waiting for reviews, sure its pitty they upped the price 1$, but who cares :D

I am anxious!!!! I think I am going to order another more even paying 1,xx dollar more!!! (if it is brighter and throws more than the itp A3)

first impression:

tight round(!) and very defined hotspot, very(!) bright hotspot, corona artifacts negligible because minimal and blurred out, definitive a thrower, looks & feels great (new is always nice hehe!), extremely light, excellent built quality, threads and o-ring are lubed, mode sequence Hi-Med-Lo, mode memory works and is amazing(!!!), tint is nice and white (for the hotspot) on all modes, spill is wide and less pronounced in brightness and tends to CoolWhite (blueish), fully anodized threads, Protected 10440's won't fit by 0.18mm (because spring thickness is 0.71mm and the depth of the inner tube is 46.53mm, which leaves 45.82mm for the max. theor. height of the cell) but thanks to the full anodization an industrial 1.00mm copper washer works perfect (see Tank 9 review thread). The diffuser fits well, and i am going to order more of them now!! Good news: can tailstand even with the provided mini-split ring on!

more comments and info in the review thread (with photos/scans).

This is clearly a very convincing, satisfying and successful product release!!