Anyone know anything about the 3*xml Beamtech BT-4000 at Tmart?

Looks like it can take a 26650 as well...

http://www.tmart.com/BeamTech-BT4000-CREE-XMT6-18W-2700LM-5-Mode-Flashlight-Gray_p136640.html

There is a single XML for $35. This would be a better option.

You cannot drive 3*XML version with 26650 or 18650 properly.

Couldnt be driven very hard to run off of one 18650. Now a 26650 could take the current but runtimes would still be limited. I would love to see a 2x26650 3XML torch well driven be made by somebody.

A 26650 can drive a 3 x T6 properly - it does have the juice of 2 x 18650 approx (eg King Kong 26650 vs TF Flames 18650). Now properly does not mean DRY Turbo levels. Elektrolumens Big Bruiser probably does just shy of 2000 lumens OTF off a fresh IMR. Or slightly brighter than the 1600 OTF of SR3800 v1 and 1300 OTF of the Trustfires and Uniquefires that i have.

Vinhgyuen58 has one, and he has a DRY version 1 direct drive, he said the Big Bruiser is slightly dimmer than the DRY. (no beamshots in his CPF thread though).

I probably need to buy 1 more extra MKNE or KK 26650 as standby, run time probably would not surpass 20 mins, hehe.... :D But that's fine, it's not a big flashlight and definitely no mass to soak up the heat like a TK70 (which actually with the LEDs driven at 2.8-3A each it does get to 45 deg C after 10 mins, tested by me and at thaicpf).

Hope the info helps...

Now, the next question to ask from me, is that if T-mart is a good place to order... I need this by Jan 15th and i am not in the USA (SG here). I will be in Indonesia for a good 2 weeks and it's flashaholic and astronomy time!

$50 is pretty ok, probably it will get to $40 after 3-4 months with discounts/deals but not too bad. I'm not too concerned with price but rather if the product will work and not DOA or stuff like that (I don't even mind slightly nicked up stuff). Support is of paramount importance, reading that T-mart thread.

This is exactly what I'm looking for in a patrol light, in terms of configuration -- 3xT6 and 1x26650. I don't run my lights for extended periods...

Ordered this from TMart.

Now we'll see if it performs, and if it's reliable. Rolling the dice in these two areas...

Unfortunately I recently ordered: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/fandyfire-hd2010-cree-xm-l-t6-600lm-5-mode-white-led-flashlight-1-x-18650-107154

But that's okay, I'll mod the FandyFire with a U2 1C driven at 3.5A, and see how that does as a single emitter, compact thrower that offers longer runtimes.

And because I recently ordered the FandyFire I already have 2 King Kong 26650 batteries and a charger on the way to me, so I'm all set in terms of power.

Joe

Night breaker, the dark will fear you!

I would like to see this flashlight with an extension tube for 2*26650 configuration when needed.

It would be good also to have a good driver that tell us when is the battery close to the 2.8V like the new ones at Kaidomain, as 26650 are not protected or at least the two good ones ( MNKE and King Kong).

A group buy of this flashlight, would easily convince myself to pull the trigger for $40 as 2100 suggests.

Hi yavi,

I'm not sure 3xT6 needs two 26650, as the 2x18650 in the 3xT6 SR3800 seems to be more than adequate. However, I do admit that I'm very easy on my lights in terms of runtimes. On my job my lights are mainly used in short bursts. But one night when I used my SR3800 for several hours the 2x18650 seemed to hold up very well <shrug, but who knows...>

That being said however, I do think we're going to see 2x26650 lights outfitted with 5xT6 emitters coming down the pike very soon... But I'm not interested in this. I need the compact form factor so that my main light is comfortable to belt carry.

Joe

I like it already as is, but for longer runtimes it would be nice to have an extesion tube with a proper driver that could work with both configurations.

If it were only possible to have it with 2*26650 I would get this one, most times I prefer a compact one than a long runtime with a big flashlight, as for my experience, those ones tend to be on a shelf.

I agree that an extension tube might provide added flexibility. But honestly, I'm fine with not having an extra tube if it compelled the maker to offer the light at a slightly lower price. Besides, for longer runtime situations I can just carry and pop in an extra battery. Just my preference...

I had this in my cart for 24 hours and couldn't talk myself out of it. A single 26650 should do well with the triple XML-s. It may not be driven to the max, but I don't necessarily want it to be. 1.4A to each XM-L would make me happy. A DD single LiFe 26650 might even be a possibility for a bombproof setup. My only concern is the switch. That's quite a bit of current.

Now I just have to wait. :)

Nice, looking forward to results. Normally i'd have jumped on such a light, but now i am trying to cut back. If it's good, i'd get it. :) (Sky Ray 3800 out of service again...but well that's a toy).

Actually it is not that bad. Take a Trustfire 3T6 for eg, it is about 2.03 amps with the best low resistance cells like Sanyo 2600s and a good DMM. Maybe 2.1A with TF Flames and the likes. So 2.1 divided by 2 = 1.05. Times 3 it is 3.15 amps. So it would take 3.15 amps from the 26650. That's a piece of cake. You'd get approx 1300L OTF.

If it's uniquefire 3900 level then it's 2.25A, so 1 cell is 3.38A. Still cool.

If it's Sky Ray level of 2.55A then that's 3.825A. If they are using that uber switch in the DRY (still no failures), no worries.

But if it's really DD 3 in series, i think we may have a problem. As tested in the DRY, the MKNE IMR may dump well over 6 amps initially, switch depending. So we'd need to be mindful and throttle it back to start using in HIGH when the voltage is less than 4.05V or so (you know the drill mitro LOL!)

But nothing to it even if that is so, i'll just treat it as a DRY triple XM-L. But highly unlikely.

I really fear that it’s DD, but even if it is, I’ll probably pull the driver and go with a 12 to 16x7135 setup and hope the switch can handle that. Initial testing will be with either a LiFe cell or a 18650 Flame or something to get an idea of what I’m looking at. I just have bad feeling about a budget switch passing 5A.

Mitro, I love DD! :D

The slight slide in output as it discharges, ie following the discharge curve, is usually more gentle than what the eye can detect. Esp with a good cell.

Just buy a big bag of switches. Very cheap.... But if it's past 6A then the fear can begin. I wonder what model do they use in the DRY, it's pretty good.

I like DD a lot, I just happen to like it at lower voltages (The SR3800 is entirely useable on 9.9v). A big bag of switches isn't going to do me any good if they fry every time I turn it on. :)

This one?

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/ultrafire-replacemnet-tailcap-switch-component-5pcsset-p-7451

I measured the DRY and my Sky Ray 3*T6, they are really good and passes the most current in my whole arsenal.

But this light is gonna be designed for an 18650 level of current/wattage right? So the 26650 will simply give it more runtime.

An 18650 2500maH will pull how much current? 5 amps? Unlikely they are driving it that hard, so lets say 3 amps? That would be 1 amp per emitter.

While that will be a bit more efficient than 3 amps into 1 emitter, it won't be THAT much better right?

18 Watts at a Vf of what? 3volts would be 6 amps total, or 2 amps per emitter. If that was true, then yeah each one would hit 550ish lumens, making this a decent light.

But I wouldn't expect it to try to draw 6 amps from a single 18650 would you?

Joe1512,

Probably you are right, and it comes underdriven to be used with 18650, but you could always modify it to Direct Drived, or add a driver that could handle the desired Amperage.

And from a single 18650, unless it is IMR, or some other low resinstance ones, it is not in the safe side to get 6A, or the protection circuit will tell you about it before it happens.

The vast majority of single cell “budget” lights aren’t designed for anything. They’re direct drive, so whatever voltage the cell is, that is available to the emitter (minus any resistance losses) and you can look in the data sheet for the emitter and see what current it will draw at a given voltage. (which you know)

Now... if that is the case with this light, you have to multiply that by 3 to see the massive current that this light could draw (26650s don't sag much - think 3.6v @ 10A on fully charged cells at turn-on) since the LEDs are wired in parallel. (Resistance will certainly play a larger part than it would in a multi-cell config)

If this light is not direct drive, its going to be using a driver like nothing else out there. I'm just going to go on record (so I can be wrong later) and say that I think it's DD and the current could be north of 5A (closer to 10A). Although I admit, I don't know how the light would even be functional on a typical protected 18650. Otherwise,its going to be a 8x7135 and be way underdriven.

As far as efficiency, look here at the XML brightness @ 1A and multiply it by 3 and then look at the brightness @ 3A

Wasn't this just listed on the Tmart.com website. Did they run out of stock in two minutes?

I asked them how could they run out if this was a recently listed new item. Of course, in standard fashion I expect them to lie... "Oh, thank you for your question. We have offered this item for many months..." blah, blah, blah or rather lie, lie, lie

Sigh. Right now I'm going to see if they get this back in stock, as I'm not in a rush for it.

Perhaps this is the new way to gauge interest in something like this design?

Tmart.com Reminds: We have not shipped your order (213*****)

Dear Mr. /Ms. Joe *******,

Greetings! Thank you for purchasing from Tmart.com.

The items you ordered are currently out of stock in both two warehouses in New York and Hong Kong. In most cases, we may replenish the stock within 2-3 weeks. Once we get them, we will issue the shipment. If you need your items urgently, you may choose the other item in stock to replace it. You may tell us the SKU NO. you choose at www.tmart.com. If they are still out of stock 15 days later, we will issue refund to you. Please be patient and wait. We appreciate your understanding.

Items not shipped: 1 X BeamTech BT-4000 CREE XM-T6 18W 2700LM 5 Mode Flashlight Gray
88007395 * 1

Worldwide Free Shipping (Free Standard Shipping Service): $0.00
Total Order Value: $50.00

Shipping Address:

Please note:
This e-mail message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.

Please do not reply to this message. If you have any question, please reply this email to us directly or feel free to contact us by these ways below:

Email: Service@Tmart.com
Help Center: http://www.tmart.com/HelpCenter.html

Best Regards.
Tmart.com Support Team
Smart Shopping With Tmart!