Anyone on Reddit?

Search function? What search function? Reddit might have a box where you can theoretically enter search queries, but to call that thing a function is a gross exaggeration. If you want to find something on Reddit, just do a Google search of Reddit + search terms.

Basically all of the Buy, Sell, Trade subreddits are going to have certain Karma or account age requirements to post there. That’s to stop scammers from constantly creating new accounts. Otherwise you run the risk of shipping a sold item, only for the person to file a fraudulent Paypal complaint, or receiving something that doesn’t match what you purchased. Limiting those subreddits to established accounts makes it easier to filter out scammers. Just look at this list of scammers who have been banned from /r/hardwareswap (buy/sell/trade for PC components and such)

How did you find out that I’m a bot?!

This.

Knife forums for knives, torch forums for lights, watch forums for watches. On the main, genuine folk who like to help each other out.

For those who are initiated, this is a well-known fact.

Interesting factoid:

I'm just a humble welcome bot that was struck by lightning and became a sentient being.

Johnny 5 is alive!

Almost as funny as a heart attack

Always nice to receive another Raccoon City Seal of approval :beer:

I am on Reddit, but I don’t do much there. I pretty much stay to the following subs:
r/IdiotsInCars
r/flashlight
r/Hanklights
r/GooglePixel
r/pixel_phones
r/TicwatchOfficial
r/WearOS

Be careful with Aliexpress links on Reddit. Just ask Grizzly. The spam filter is overzealous and the admins are useless.

Not a redditor, but like some yootoob channels that “read” some posts and comments.

r/idwhl, r/maliciouscompliance, r/choosingbeggars, etc.

I only browse reddit when directed there for something…once in a great while I’ll check in on the r/flashlights but to be honest I’m more likely to check in on CPF than reddit (if that says anything…because I don’t do CPF but maybe twice a year). I’ve not found the content on r/flashlights to be….well…not sure how to put it without sounding overly critical but most of it seems like youthful consumerism and show-and-tell rather than the substance and discussion that most frequently is here on BLF. I really dislike the direction the platform moved some time back, though, and like many other sites the move toward “popular” destroyed most of the practical functionality of chronological viewing (more useful for actual learning and/or discussion I guess, which is not reddit’s strong point).

There are a lot of great subs, though. I was first introduced to reddit for some thru-hike backpacking info and tech stuff. I just prefer more traditional forum layouts for the most part, even if they’re simplified forums, because they’re easier to read and follow and if a repository/encyclopedia of sorts is desired, it’s far better on a forum than what reddit makes available.

I quit facebook but back in the day before they changed a bunch as well, facebook groups were a better platform than reddit, imho.

You’re in for a big surprise. The hivemind is strong there, and don’t get offended if someone calls you a derogatory name, or roasts your post with foul language. It’s the way they are.

Yep, and the moderator of BLF is awesome.

The moderators at Reddit vary wildly from awesome to "not so awesome."

I didn’t know that casual intellectual property theft, which is illegal, is considered cool now!

(OP posted a review with a bunch of stolen photos)

Depends on the sub. This is an apt description of most subs. r/flashlight is pretty fantastic though in my experience.

Don't worry, I'll be removing the images.

By the way, I never claimed the images were mine.

Quite the opposite.

But now I know I made a mistake.

麻婆豆腐?

I see, is that why redditors follow people to BLF to harass them too, not enough to downvote them and shame them into oblivion on r/flashlight?

Socrates once said, "the unexamined life is not worth living."

I admit that quote isn't mine, and I mentioned who actually said it, but I didn't get Socrates' permission to use the quote.

Did I just steal that quote?

Does every image that I post online have to be one of my own photographs that I took with my own camera?

Or does that just apply to reviews that I write?

Where is the line that one must not cross?

OP, you link directly to a subreddit that is revolved around showcasing knives that are almost exclusively stolen intellectual property. Redditors do not seem to care at all. but god forbid you posted a picture that wasn’t yours! that is an offense worth chasing you around on various platforms to denounce you!

and it just proves to me that i’m happy not to use reddit, i’m glad i don’t need to use it for anything. good luck with your knife sales.