Anyone owns the XinTD X3 from Wallbuys/Banggood?

Look: XinTD X3 - szperacz w kompaktowych rozmiarach - www.swiatelka.pl

:slight_smile:

Ok sorry guys I stand corrected, OscarM is correct.

When I was on the way back from work I keep thinking about this question and I finally knew where my mistake was. To put it simple input wattage = output wattage. I have been dealing with 18650 batteries all the time and I forgot that two 18650 in series would give much higher voltage than LED Vf, so the buck driver will ‘absorb’ more voltage from the batteries but lower current draw from each battery.

In this X3 case however I forgot that it uses AA batteries, in which the total Nimh batteries voltage would be just around 3.6V, similar with the output voltage (LED Vf), so each battery would give the same 2.1A. Somemore the Nanjg 105C is a linear but not buck driver.

So back to the battery carrier resistant topic. I still think that at 2.1A current draw from each battery is still doing fine with the carrier. As from my experience with flashlight normally the resistant of all connections need to be seriously reduced when the current >3A (i.e. changing into heavier gauge of wires, copper-braiding). In addition to that with alkalines or Nimh batteries the batteries voltage will sag very quickly and you won’t stay at 2.1A for too long. :slight_smile:

Aha, thanks for that ;)!

That looks like a good review, nice! Can you do some comparison beamshots with other lights, if you have?

Pitty that none of BLF’ers cared to finalise theirs :P!

In other word, using AA NiMH only give a burst of high output and after that will be visibly dim compared to first switch on. maybe that’s why 3xAA is less popular than 4xAA format.
thanks bibihang for the sharing :slight_smile:

Anyone got the X3 from FT?
Just wondering how it compares with the one from Banggood. The driver seems to be a different one.

I have an X3 from FT. But I dont’t know how to check the driver.

Also what would be the best batteries to use in our X3?

Can you fit a 32650 in there?