Anyone seen Flashlight Foy Lately?

GladtohearfromyouFoy

Our syntax got noticeably better in your absence, butyourrunonwordswerestillmissed.

I'm overcome with FoyJoy.

Welcome back foy! I even bought a solarforce lol.

Now where is Don?

back, Foy!

I'mgladthealiensreturnedyousafeandsound

HiFoy

whoohooofoyisback!

I was honestly beginning to believe that they had an intervention for Foy and he was cut off cold turkey from his flashlight addiction. Then I felt bad because you can't just do that...you have to wean someone out of an addiction. Like only 2 or 3 solarforces a month and work your way off;)

Glad to know nothing bad happened, Foy-man.

Of course, now that you're back, the REAL speculation can begin. :P

Welcome back, Foy! I'm glad you are ok. As long as you have your health and loved ones all will work out in the end.

Johnny

Glad to hear you again! I'm starting to be really worried!

happytohearyouFoy

Heh. Good to have you back. :)

I thought this happened to Foy since he lives in Nevada.

Glad you're ok.

You are all very kind but the speculation about intervention/being cut off does have at least some truth to it. Since January of this year it seems my PayPal shenanigans totaled something over $1,200, all flashlight related. This figure was arrived at by my wonderful wife and I must admit, was a little higher than I imagined. Now, twelve hundred dollars over about six months may or may not be significant, depending on one's own fortunes. My first reaction was automatic and very defensive. I knew my spending was selfish and had a vague conception of its growth.

Knowing this, I had curtailed other spending; trips to Jack-In-the-Box dropped from five times a week to 1 or 2; no more $100 Barnes and Noble binges every month as before and perhaps more importantly, I stayed away from Fry's almost entirely since it is usually impossible for me to get out of there without being lighter by a couple of C-notes. This unfortunate conversation with reality, via my wife, had an evential philosophical effect upon this uncomfortable self analysis, mixed with the still smoldering embers of justification for my actions.

To wit: the $200 a month I had spent was less than the combined total of the above mentioned previous indulgences. I hotly related this fact to my pretty misses. She correctly informed me that, given the current pontential for distress that seemed (may still be) imminent, previous indulgences replaced with new ones do not a successful argument make. She then suggested I follow through with my decade-long desire for a Valentine One radar detector. This new and unexpected tactic by her was not accepted as such until after my new $400 impunity to speed had been used to great effect in my police magnet, lowered Z28. A car, mind you, itself yet another mid 13 second 1/4 mile example of my financial stupidity and recipient of multiple expensive modifications.

This good-will gesture on her part had a salutary effect. Further, her not batting an eye yesterday when I informed her (after the fact) that I just purchased a low mileage used Volkswagen Passat at the auction (the auction is part of my job but I saw this station wagon and strangely, had to have it) does not bode well for any lame defense I might offer concerning this, the latest in a long line of hobbys she has gamely endured for nearly 23 years.

Sorry for the long post but as a few of you here know, Foy is a self-absorbed windbag. The one strength I have, that I'm certain my lovely wife admires, is my infinite capacity to see what I am, unblinking . . . a selfish douche bag that spends every effing nickle he can lay his narcissistic fingers on.

thatfeltkindagoodFoy

That's ok Foy....we love you just the way you are!

That’s why you need to check in with us more often, we get ya

"a selfish douche bag that spends every effing nickle he can lay his narcissistic fingers on."

Don't worry you aren't the only one!

Thank's for the eyeopening review Foy. After reading your last post I took a look at my past Paypal statements. WOW! cheap flashlights can add up. Thanks for the reality check. Most helpfull review yet.

canthavethemall

"The one strength I have, that I'm certain my lovely wife admires, is my infinite capacity to see what I am"

Fishinfool loves you just as you are ..

self reflection ..works for me