Anyone unimpressed by the ET SX25L3 MT-G2?

That’s pretty daggone good compared to 28k… :wink:

Stock it's 38000kcd at 3000 lumens.

So 70 is probably a bit optimistic, but I can see the niteye reaching 60 at 6400LED lumens.

I hope to hear and see more about the MT-G2 "slice-dedoming-technique" in the future.. Sounds interesting.. :)

But, to sum up BLF user experiences with this light:

Kreisler, gave/will give his plemium leview light 5/5 squirrel nuts. No surprise..

tallboybass, a bit unimpressed

InfinitusEquitas, sent it in for modding in order to improve throw (and output)

Kriesler is nuts

I see Kreisler more as an entertainer than a Serious reviewer…and K, I mean that in a Super Squirrely aweSome way!!! :slight_smile: There’s more humor in one sentence of one of your reviews than in CPF in its entirety.

Disagree!

That was a great review…you didn’t think it was funny?

And also, I retort with this.

Let's be honest guys. This is the reason he loves the eagletacs so much... http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3685/9918918876_1b07a4d561_o.jpg

Can't say I blame him.

So what is this fenix lumens? and how does it compare to Trustfire lumens or BLF lumens?

His measurements are kind of calibrated or equal to the fenix ratings, that’s it.

So….I’m thinking about sending the SX back and maybe getting a Vinh X40. It would be similar lumens but much more throw. And even heavier. Much heavier.

Or should I just get a nice cheap SRK and dedome it? A neutral, dedomed SRK with a useful 4-mode w/moon driver would be nice. Is this possible?

Sure is, just solder and play. Dr. Jones has some 105c drivers that he sells already setup for an electronic switch and master/slave configuration for multiple boards.

Dr. Jones Momentary Drivers

That link made my head hurt. ^

The tint, and beam pattern of the X40 is nowhere near as nice. Quality is excellent, but imo a tad lower than the eagletac.

The thing is, one is a flooder, the other a thrower. Personally I like them both. Would be difficult to pick one.

+1!

Well, I received my SX25L3 today. I was quite excited leading up to this because it was my first off the shelf MT-G2 and it certainly looked the goods from what I read and saw of it.

Whilst its light output is fantastic, nice and bright with no artifacts and that awesome tint from the MT-G2, overall I am a bit disappointed with this light.

My two biggest gripes which may not be much to some but are very annoying to me! First of all the emitter isn’t perfectly centered in the reflector. Its close given that the hole in the reflector is only a little bigger than the emitter itself, however the emitter is still hard up against one side this is lazy on Eagletac’s behalf and for ~$160AUD is unacceptable. Secondly, the switch doesn’t line up with anything and just looks stupid, it doesn’t look like the pictures on the Eagletac website where the switch lines up with the “adj” writing, instead mine stops almost a quarter of the way around from this point. I am actually wondering if this is a fault and will more than likely contact Eagletac about it. I also understand that the head turns to change modes but I would have thought when locked out, i.e. 100% is should be central to the light.

That the LED is not centered is definitely something I would take issue with as well. There is no excuse for any premium light not to have a perfectly centered LED, not when they can do it with a $0.01 piece of plastic.

The other issue, with writing/logo not lining up.... it's the same way on all the eagletacs I had so far. I guess it would be nice to have it line up, but not a big deal imo.

I haven’t returned it yet…it’s growing on me! The MX25L3 version should throw much better however. Also, the XML2 NW version should be REALLY nice with 81kcd!! …and the XPG2 model…and the Nichia model…and the… :nerd_face:

I was just looking at mine…hard to imagine the LED being off-center…the hole isn’t big enough to allow that. Maybe they made some adjustments in manufacturing…

As I said it’s only a little as the hole is only a fraction bigger than the emitter, but the emitter is still hard up against one side of the hole leaving a small gap on the other side and for someone with OCD it’s little things like this that get to me. That is not my main concern though. The button not aligning is what I dislike the most. So much so that it has actually put me off Eagletac lights. For me the form is just as important as the function and in this case the form annoys me considerably.