APEX 5T6 BIKE LIGHT

sorry can’t watch the video… your music in the video got banned in the US hehe

Same for me, jlogres: Banned on YouTube in the U.S. due to music.

If the OP doesn’t mind, I’ve copied a 360p version of the video to here, where it can
be downloaded free of any restrictions.

If you turn this into a commercial venture I’d be interested. I think one or two TJ18’s on the bike would suffice

I believe that I fix the problem with the banned song and now it’s a mute video but you can watch it

Please someone from US inform me that everything is OK
thanks

Both the download and the new YouTube videos worked. Fantastic! The versatility didn't really hit home until I saw your video showing you taking the head off the working flashlight and screwing it into the bike mount. When you get where you are going, just unscrew it and reattach for a working flashlight.

Really a brilliant design!

Thanks ,
If you already have a good flashlight you can have 2 in 1 with this idea (flashlight and bike light) , or better 1 in two :slight_smile:

It cost me 25$ (I don’t have a lathe-bearing) I believe it’s too expensive with profit and all , it’s chipper for everyone to make or order a plate for his flashlight.
And you must have the flashlight to measure and make the plate , I only have two good flashlights

I found again the parallel holder at aliexpress at 2.50 $ for members who are interesting

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-2x18650-Parallel-Connection-Battery-Holder-Case-With-Wire-Leads/623552003.html?err_biz_type=null&url_type=wto_buyer360_pic&biz_type=sitePromo_wto_buyer360_alert&crm_mtn_tracelog_plan_id=1259234791&crm_mtn_tracelog_task_id=22254854&crm_mtn_tracelog_log_id=3061639162

You give a new meaning to the word lumenholic :slight_smile:
But I can’t see anywhere how you are cooling these leds , the aluminum box it mustn’t be enough ?
It should give you only a few minutes to run before it reaches crazy temperatures
I don’t say anything for the batteries I am sure you made it only for your fun - impressive

Hi, It was a bit of fun, boredom, and the need for a fully variable light from just a marker to be seen to helicopter landing lights while on the lanes.

I can run around 4amps total pwm for half an hour without getting much more than warm. They are mated to an aluminium housing with built in cooling fins. The fins are for 10w continuous previously lol. But as my front area is open to the cool night air it never gets hot. If I had put the glass back in it would half the cooling area. Even at 6amps over 5-6 mins it only gets as hot as tea ready to drink. I have some extra mini gpu 20mm fins to glue to the sides now to help too.

I used 6amps of constant current before and it got very hot very fast. Pwm drivers seem to halve the heat :slight_smile:

around 2.6 amps gets you 10.000 lumens on the led charts and often use this setting.

As my bike already has a 36v 10ah battery I used this to power it. My bikes motor pulls 40amps up hills so a few more is nothing.

Bump! I missed this first time around… what a great project!

And for anyone still looking for battery holders, fasttech have just started carrying 2x, 3x, 4x models.

Thanks - and nice finding in reasonable price if only 4x model was in square shape