APEX ST6 Stainless Steel CREE XM-L T6 600-Lumen 1x18650 3-mode Flashlight

Can we get it without the APEX logo? Let's replace it with something BLF-specific!

Speaking as a married father with two kids - What is this place you call “Pub” ? How do I find one?

Speaking as an engaged father of three, they are strange places, you can go in some and they don’t allow children, weird!

They sell expensive antidotes to the stress of running around after an over excitable two year old……

The good ones also have a real life chef (like the wife only worse looking but a better cook) this chef provides meals that you would gladly give up a torch in order to enjoy. Like I said, weird… :wink:

Well, mine has confirmed shipped, hopefully, I’ll get it before I go on holiday. Thanks merry, had a bit of email toing and froing with my post code. Can’t wait now. 8)

I think this would get more buyers if available in neutral. In a flashlight forum, most user are probably saturated with cool white lights, so responsive retailer can get more bites by offering something unique to add to the collection.

I think it will be available neutral soon, I just couldn’t wait :bigsmile:

Got mine today. It's such a sweetie. Smaller than I thought. Elegant, stylish, looks great!

What amazes me is that the group buy says: (only) 5 sold. Come on guys!

Detail of the tailcap. Simply beautiful:

Size comparison (C8, ST6, P1)

Modes are L-M-H (0.08A, 0.55A, 1.85A), no memory (but quite long time to "forget", over 10s).

Tint is nice, but then again: I asked for NW. Not sure what I got: Is it Coolish NW or neutralish cool? Just a bit cooler than my Balder Se-1 NW. Very nice anyways.

I’m waiting on my 2 to arrive. Thanks for the pics, even though they don’t help with the wait !!!

Damm you! You got it already, you can really go off some people :bigsmile:

Great pictures, I can’t wait to get mine, its left Singapore, so will probably turn up while I’m away :frowning:

I don’t see NW as an option?

hey how did you get it if the group buy still hasnt ended? i dont feel like waiting till it is done.

NW is always an option. ;)

I just asked for it in the comment box. Ric promised the NW option to be available "soon". Maybe I just won in the CW tint lottery? :)

Group buys at Fancyflashlights are always special.. You just order & pay the light (from group buy page) and they will refund you if the GB hits a lower price limit. And in this case there isn't such limit -> price is $25 even with 5 buyers.

More info about the light: PWM is quite fast and doesn't bother me at all (approximately 4x UF-H6, which is already at least 2x faster than UF-H3), but the beam is somewhat ringy (bothers me only in white wall hunting)

We tried to replace T61A led wth T6 3C. But the beam pettern from NW version is not as good as CW version.

Beam from CW is very nice and smooth, but NW ST6 is a bit ringy in white wall.

Ric

Is NW still an option if asked for? Don’t care if ringy since not hunting white walls. “the” seemed to have one?

Settled for CW.

Great price.
Thanks Ric !

My light arrived today, perfect, the day before my holiday so it’ll be getting some use, unfortunately, toni commented “you’ve not been buying more lights have you?” I honestly answered no, I’ve been waiting for this all month, and thinking quickly, I added that it would make a lovely light for in a handbag don’t you think? Before handing it over for inspection, she seems to like it, but did add “its got some weight to it, you could really do some damage, you’d better stay on my good side” 0:)

So I have a new gorgeous light, that’s nice, small and compact, so compact, its going to be lovely in toni’s bag……

Still, I am very very pleased and will definitely be ordering off Ric again, the service, help and speedy delivery made this one of my best online buying experiences. :bigsmile:

Should have added, the beam is gorgeous, nice hot spot with a real smooth spill, and it always starts on low, which would really suit what I see as its primary use as a real nice day to day light, or as I said above, something nice for in your partners handbag, I just need to find a stainless/brass aa/14500 tube light to go in her clutch, so she’s coordinated J)

How’s the tint on yours? Thanks.

Cool white, I like it tbh, there are just no rings and no evident pwm on the low modes.

What I have found is that my new favorite batteries won’t work on high, I have four, all are the same, low and medium work, high flashes then light off. These batteries will easily drive my high draw lights, but they are a couple of milimeters longer than my cheap crap ultrafire grey 2400mah and limpfire 3000mah batteries, both of these run the light fine on any mode. My conclusion, long protected batteries won’t work, shorter batteries will, its no issue to me as the light is not high draw, but something to look out for.

Overall, I like this little guy an awful lot, I’ll measure up and see what I can get protected in a shorter length, for now I have two pairs of tried and trusted less reputable batteries that will run this light.

I wouldn’t let this put off anyone thinking of buying this light, the beam pattern is so smooth its untrue, the reflector is very well matched to the emitter fitted. I’m not experienced enough to say its anything other than its much cooler - not as yellow as an incan Maglite, that to me is the difference between cool white and say warm white/neutral colouring.

I like it, it starts on low, so it won’t blind your dark adjusted eyes, and on high throws near as well as a 2.8a Xm-l in a 52mm reflector, when you look at how pretty it is, what’s not to like?

Well, we’re a couple of days into our holiday, which means I’ve had a couple of nights to play with a couple of lights.

First thing, my q5 c8 out throws all the xm-l’s I’ve brought, I can even see that thin lightsaber type beam you get on photos.

The st6, is comparable in throw to my modded t1, I’ve not had the ultraok out to play yet, maybe tonight or tomorrow.

Toni has been carrying the st6 in her bag, along with the usual crap a woman carries and some of the stuff required for two kids under 2 (yes its about the dimensions of a brief case :wink: ) she’s not noticed the weight, but did say that she quite liked the light when she had a quick play walking back from the club.

The kids (we also brought my 11 year old step son and his friend) managed to upset people within about 5 minutes by flashing their windows…….

So far, we’ve made an impression, mega bright torches, four kids, lifted truck with a straight through exhaust from the turbo back. :bigsmile: