Are 18350 lights the red-headed stepchildren?

I realize the difference in size vs. battery capacity is not a selling point but, to me, the size/weight difference is the bigger factor. When I drop my Tiara C1 Pro in my jacket pocket, it seems to disappear and there's still room for other stuff. When I drop the Wizard Pro in that pocket, it feels like I'm carrying a small rock or weight; it crosses the line from unnoticed to noticeable and dominates the space.

Also, I have some 18350 batteries on hand that are underutilized. And I get all cross-eyed when I clip a regular flashlight to the brim of a ball cap.

As for CRI preference, I can live with the "warm" light of my Tiara C1 Pro Warm. As for finding other 18350 headlamps, it seems like a "beggars can't be choosers" kind of deal... I'm lucky to find one I'll like, let alone one with a preferable LED!

The simple solution would be for me to just pick up a second Tiara C1 Pro Warm. I'm quite pleased with the one I have... as long as it continues to function!

those are not headlamps

I tried to find the CCT and CRI of the “Warm” LED, with no luck.

glad you are happy with it. And yes, seems like buying another makes sense, given your preferences.

Yes understood. They are not stepchildren in my book in broadest sense which was the title but I get it, the text focused on headlamps.

sp40 would make for a good backup, also comes with 18350 tube.

I run the sc31pro with 18350 for edc, comparable in size to 14500 lights. I wonder about the capacity difference.

I would guess ArmyTek's "warm" lights are more like what most would describe as "neutral white"?

ArmyTek is not good about providing detailed specifications for their products. I recently sent them a question regarding two Tiara headlamps they show with identical specifications but different product codes and a 33% price difference.

I really am torn between the perfect way the ArmyTek lights fit my needs/preferences versus the history of poor reliability I've experienced: two headlamps, two failures. My two ArmyTek flashlights are still working fine but are rarely used. I would feel so foolish if I bought a third ArmyTek headlamp and it also failed...

another vote for sp40

Yeah… I missed that one,as well, LOL.

Chris

“White light” ATs are NW, “warm white” is no misnomer imo. I find them mostly yellowish, with the XHP50.2 Wizard a little more neutral, but still on the warm side. Of course, they’re way above 2700K, so their light is colder than the light one usually use indoors.

Wizard or Tiara is with me when I’m running, and they never failed on me. I like the magnetic charging port. It comes in very handy if you often have to recharge the light. Also like that ATs don’t use proprietary batteries. Never had the wish to replace them, and that means something. Of course, there might be better lights in some sense, but no light is significantly better imo. But then the Armyteks had replaced a ca. 2012 Black Diamond Storm. The difference between them is what I call significant ;-).

thank you both for the info on LED color
I was wondering if its a moddable light… sounds a bit challenging:

It looks like Skilhunt's H04 Mini 18350 headlamps are another light for me to consider...

thanks for sharing your options
that one has a UI I do not prefer… requires hold for off… I prefer click for off.

Same here... single-click for as functions as possible.

I just picked up a Thrunite T1 that is a wonderful little light except that I really dislike the ramping brightness control vs. a stepped one. Is there such a thing as a light that allows you to completely customize the user interface? Now, that would be something! (Probably something too complicated for me to figure out!)

you might like a light with the H17f driver, it has steps

you might like one of the Anduril lights (FW3a, D4), which can be setup as either ramping or stepped

Ive not tried that Thrunite… Im a fan of ramping UIs, but agree fixed modes have their own merits

I like 18350s. Highly regarded comparing to 16340.
I sold my Baton II to buy the T1. Just because of the 18350.
Big mistake. The Baton has a defined beam.
The T1 is all over the place. The warm light is terrible.
Not only that. The 18350 in the T1 is so big it won’t fit anything else.
1st and last Trunite for me.

Cheers.

batteries are not cheap, they don;t have much energy or power, or they are expensive, the choices are not many

Im happy with these Keeppower 1200mAh 18350

they would annoy me - half the size and 1/3 the power of 18650

+1

AAA would annoy me - 1/2 the size and 1/3 the capacity of a AA...

16340 would annoy me - 3/4 the size and 2/3 the capacity of 18350...

18650 would annoy me - 3/4 the size and 1/3 less capacity of 21700...

21700 would annoy me - 1/5 the size and 1/10 capacity of 12V lead-acid batteryl...

12V lead-acid would annoy me - 3x size and infinitely less capacity than AC wall outlet...

...etc., etc.

The numbers are probably wrong but you get my point. Reducing size involves compromises. Sometimes size is the more desirable attribute.

Capacity.