Are any of these knives clones?

I did unwittingly try to sell some clones.

They gave me a warning while I was asleep.

By the time I got up, the thread was gone.

If I try to sell a clone again, I'll be booted for two weeks.

I don't think that will work.

It is my responsibility to know my knives.

They won't even tell me which knives I am trying to sell are clones.

What is it with knife groups and clone knives, why do they care so much?

I don't agree with their point of view, but it's their forum, their rules.

Lol, they probably won’t tell you which one because they don’t know themselves, they’re probably just assuming that because they’re Chinese they must be clones. :person_facepalming:

While that may be true, I think it would be best if we don't bash other forums.

They sound like a bunch of ass-hats.

Hey RC, check this topic, GANZO KNIVES, 6&7-SERIES
I like that Ganzo gives me design fusions between the Benchmade locking and designs of others for a price I can justify ordering some(am not going to pay morethe $14 on a knife so the “real brands” are not even considered let alone known to me.
A lot of the times when I have seen a real blatant copy I will not buy it, but for example the cut out for thumb in the Ganzo knifes that are clearly “inspired” by Spiderco look a lot nicer then the round Spiderco cut out, so at the same price I would still go for Ganzo and with that design choice it seems no longer a clone anymore.
There is only so much a design can look like and even “A brands” can look a lot like each other.

It seems you also want to “dry run” a discussion on clones here in this friendly environment before getting a sh!tstorm on that other forum.
So lighten up when people are a bit critical here, it sounds like that other place is going to be much worse :slight_smile:
I see people direct you to brands, and think it is a bit easy to respond to that with a “Which ones are clones and what are they clones of?” for if people don’t see it right away you are pointed to some original designs so you can answer that question yourself.
Like what I did, pointing you to the Ganzo topic that has a lot of pictures of original designs, that should help you compare, but an almost angry response “Which ones are clones and what are they clones of? Stop trolling” seems almost like you expect me to compare your knifes on that list and frankly, that is kind of your task IMHO and I would love to see what you discover, if you keep it in the OP, this thread could become a gem for future reference if others start adding knifes as well as has been happening with the Ganzo´s
Have a good weekend buddy!

EDIT: hey! Dang, just wanna be helpful man :frowning:

Sometimes it funny to see that you think a model from Sanrenmu is a clone from… Böker for example and… it isn’t, the böker model is the a rebranded knife from Sanrenmu, for example the ZBT21 from Sanrenmu is MAGNUM FIRST RESPONDER, but Sanrenmu makes and Böker put its logo after.
With Enlan too, Böker has the EL08, EL03 and EL01 like models in its Magnum series but the maker is Enlan.

The Miller, I don't have any Ganzo knives in this thread.

Also, I researched all of the knives that I have for sale before I created this thread.

I am only listing the knives that I am not sure if they are a clone or not.

I know, but there are lots of pictures of the knifes of which some would consider the Ganzos to be clones of, if you compare your knifes to those and it is a close match, you have answered your own question for those

Okay I checked out the Ganzo thread.

No matches.

And I apologize for sounding angry.

I am upset with one person in this thread, and I am upset about my situation.

I am not upset with anyone else.

I don't expect anyone to do research for me.

Just if you happen to recognize a clone and know what it is a clone of, feel free to chime in.

It seems very tough to sell knives.
I have a bunch in my wishlist/favorites on AliExpress and Gearbest.
the “deals” rotate so there will a moment they drop to a $10-$14 pricepoint and then I buy them.
And I maybe people like me, who do not care about branding and just want a tool also do not want to pay more because of some original design and those who do care, collectors will not go for Enlan/Sanrenmu/Ganzo but get the original.
We know these Chinese knifes can offer great value for money, so my best bet would be sell them at a flea market, for $10-$15 for a solid good looking knife feels like a great deal for those not in the habit of ordering from China, thus the kind of people that are looking for good deals on those markets. Specially those rainbow colored ones will stand out and attract people into knives

I realize that just about everyone in this thread wants to be helpful, including you.

I have decided to not sell any of the knives in this thread on the forum that doesn't allow clones.

Thanks for the advice, everyone!

Probably the smart play, but their “rule” doesn’t make much sense to me. There is a clear/distinct difference between a clone (or “homage”) and an outright counterfeit (fake). The latter is something that typically bears a trademarked name/logo of the original manufacturer. If you were trying to pass off counterfeit knives as real, or even trying to sell counterfeits with disclosing them as such, then I could see the problem. However, you are not doing that. This would be akin to selling an Invicta Submariner watch and having someone shut you down because it’s a “clone” of a Rolex Submariner. Sigh…

Why don’t you ask there? If they can’t say of which knives your knives are a clone of then they can’t really refuse you to sell em. Just start a topic with the same question you asked here.

I don't think anyone is allowed to discuss clones there.

If I discuss clones in any threads, I will be booted for two weeks.

:person_facepalming: a knife forum where you can not discuss certain knives :disappointed:
Sounds like one of those dictatorship forums.

I think Enlan M020FH is based on Spyderco Michael Walker but isn’t a clone.