are there any 2 or 3x18650 in series flashlight with a side switch clickie out there?

thanks, that was a good heads up

are these my only choices that has been named?

would anyone be able to tell me if the small sun zy t13 be able to keep the tail cap switch turned on at stand by, so that i can turn it on with the side switch?

theres a special for the t13 that ends tomorrow and needa figure this out.

Whatever you end up getting for him, please educate him on lithium ion best practices. I’d hate to see your old man or his dog get hurt from a battery failure.

Does it have to be Li-Ion? Why not the DST?

yea i was thinking of the dst too. i remember i have one and went and checked it out. i was gonna bring it along with this new light purchase to see which one he rather have.

even though he originally wanted a 3x18650 light, im thinking its a bit too heavy and big for him to be carrying it on walks. even for me, id be sorta bothersome, and i work out daily haha.

i think whats perfect is those 2x18650 multi xml lights like the trustfire 3t6 or the r43s or that t13.
if i know that those side switches can turn the light on and off, i would just get one of those already.

just seen some review videos and the side switch is only for mode switching and no stand by mode.

not budget, but the 7g5cs has standby. i am pretty sure the other "premium" lights do too

How about shadow ir fandyfire Darth , it has magnetic switch and runs on 3each 18650's parallel and gives out between 1800-2000 lumens in 3xs XML-U2S.

that crelant is perfect. it does indeed have standby mode, but the price isnt so perfect.
i found it for $64 at fasttech which is very cheap, but its discontinued now. and other stores have it at around $85
$65 was just about my max.
i was hoping something along the lines of $45 or less

The ZY-T13 does not have standby. Tailcap must be on to enable the side switch. The side switch cycles throudh Hi-Mid-Low-Strobe-SOS.

The DST's only $17 now. Why not give him a DST now and you can shop around for a Li-ion light+batteries+charger for Christmas/birthday or something? That long tube format w/ side-switch is hard to find. He'd probably like the 4D LED Maglite, too. Get adapters for 8AA eneloops.

thanks for the confirm.

ya tell me about it. i been searching for days now, and the only ones with stand by are all over $80.
although, im still unsure if that rostu r43s has standby or not.
i was actually gonna give up and just forget the side switch and go for just any long tube multi emitter light such as the trustfire 3t6, j12, j16, or any clones of those sorta style lights.
i forgot to mention, he requested something more output and flood rather than thrower.

but those of you that recommended the dst, you maybe right. i actually think he’ll love it. at first i was worried about the weight, but i think its actually kinda light for its size. and then i was worried about the smooth grip on that light, so what i did was added these thick o-rings so he can slide his fingers through them.
now if he was just dangling the light (pointing the light downwards) the o -rings grip onto his palm and fingers making it very easy to hold.

its pretty grippy now where you barely have to hold the light tight to grasp it.

thanks for the heads up that the dst is $17 now. i think i will get another to replace mine.

You can use 18650 with an adapter to make it lighter. :beer:

theres an adapter from c cells to 18650s? will it be just as bright with 18650’s though?

Not sure if one is available but you can make one like this.

I have not measured it but it looks brighter on 18650. :beer:

are you using one or two 18650s? i just tried with two, and its doing flashes. or itll stay on moonlight mode.
but its also because my adapter tube is not perfect so the cells are still moving around or not connecting properly.

I think two is too much voltage for that driver. You can use a dummy cell or do a tricky end to end parallel configuration. There's a thread for that somewhere here. I'll link if I find it again.

only one 18650 will power this the same or even brighter than the 3xC cells? that would be great. soooo much lighter.
how do i get or make a dummy cell?
nm, found out how to make one here

You can make one with a dowel, screws and some wire.