Are we not capable of a little better?

brad I am not defending or siding with either you or Dale. but the quote you put up is in part with an explanation that Dale was making saying that some people need to “chill” and the marijuana may Help them to do that.

Also Dale is in no way attacking gun rights as he stated he knows all to well how easy a bad situation can get out of hand IF the right (wrong) person has a gun readily available at the time, as he said he almost had a bad situation go even worse one time

I have notice lately (again myself being guilty of it) that we focus on a part of a statement and don’t see the whole picture and then things start heating up and there goes what I am hoping will start settling down.

On the flip side of my statement I can see where you might be offended if you did not take the statement Dale made in the same context that I did and others may have taken it even a different way.

This is an example of how we could just not say anything at all or be a little more tactful in the way we say things though. Think it through before you bang it out on the keyboard and hit enter , and I am talking as a whole not singling you or Dale or anyone out at all.

It was a political post about guns and drugs, and Texas, with the usual inaccurate information that has been debunked and proven wrong for decades, about law abiding Americans suddenly shooting it out with each other, that naturally leads to members defending the laws of Texas.

I wonder if it would help to have more mods? Or a few more monitoring rude posts and trying to get them shut down? I don’t know.

This forum has been where I learned how to mod. I learned a bunch from you guys and continue to as well. Even though I don’t post much here, I have been reading on here for the past few years. I too, sense a downward spiral and arguing, I believe, any arguing is unnecessary. If you’re saying that it still is better than most forums out there and not so bad yet, does that give room to some- a little hostility? Let’s not make excuses for ourselves, but take what robo819 said as personal responsibility to make this a better place.

Just my thoughts.

+++1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

G'Day BLF'ers,

Unfortunately, some of us seem to want to win an argument, just for the sake of winning.

It seems to be about winning a argument/debate no matter what, with no "prisoners" taken.

Best Regards,

George

Good point George, and I get caught up in that as well.

I’m beginning to wonder if it might be possible that I talk too much…

Hey brad? I can see what might make you think that’s what it was, but rest assured that’s not at all what I meant for it to be. ok?

Let’s drink a beer and watch the brisket smoke and talk about who’s gonna win the Superbowl……

Hey DB, don’t worry about that! I probably don’t talk enough…. BUT I love reading the stuff on here though - PLEASE keep on talking, without members like you there would be no forum :slight_smile:
Us newbies have to learn from someone.
99% of the members on here are great, there will always be disagreements - that’s the way of the world, and what keeps it so diverse.
Hell, if we all thought the same how boring it would be!

No it won’t!
….
Oops…

Before you start typing:

Breathe, and smile for a few seconds.

See if that helps.

NO way, Please talk much MUCH more.

I always enjoy and learn from your posts.

Best Regards,

George

+1,000

My personal opinion is that everyone needs to be more positive and constructive in their contributions, and not be so quick to judge and react.

And now, a Public Service Announcement:

“Do unto others as you would wish done unto yourself.” - if you like discussing interesting topics in a productive and friendly way (with a smattering of light-hearted banter thrown in), please contribute as such.

If not, I’m sure there are other places on the internet (naming no names) where you could vent your frustrations and squabble to your heart’s content with others who wish to do so.

And the enthusiastic newbies, the semi-experienced passionate learners (as I and many others are) and battle-hardened veterans (who are always helpful and encouraging, and are a credit to human nature) will continue our discussions.

Thank you.

guns and drugs, and Texas

Sounds like a new ZZ Top song.
Titled “Bad day at at Twin Peaks”

Sorry, just hit me as funny.
Carry on!

Dale,
I think the Cowboys are gonna bring it home this year. Oh wait, wrong decade:)

Anyway, about that there Superbowl.
Wife wants Carolina to win only because their Logo looks like one of our Cats, me I don’t care either way a long as it’s a good game.

How many members are staying home to watch vs going to a bar/party etc?

Dale, Thanks for the good distraction.

*I was a lurker here for the better part of 2 years before joining and it was the “Joke of the Day” with Jack the Clippers crazy poems that made me want to join this group.
So thanks Jack! and thanks everyone else who is here for a good time.*
Later,
Happy Keith

I think it’s gonna be a good game, I don’t have a leaning towards either team, would like to see each win for different reasons. Expecting a knock down drag out with both quarterbacks being at the top of their game, both defenses having awesome stops, both offenses having outstanding plays… I feel like it could very well be one for the ages.

Definitely gonna be watching from the comfort of home… no beer, no cigarettes, no cursing. Only praise for both teams offensively AND defensively. Love seeing great plays, really!

Man you couldn’t drag me to a bar where they are still allowed to smoke.
Have to wash your clothes as soon as you get home.
Any bar really, content to stay at home, must be getting old, or wise:)

Quote: DBCustom

"Now we have a lot of profiteers crashing the party."

+ A Gazillion

~Avarice is the root of all Evil.~ ~You can never go home again~

A couple of months ago I realized that I needed some modern LED flashlights. I was completely ignorant. At best, I was aware that CREE was generally associated with LED flashlights. Although I knew what a CR123 was from feeding my ancient Surefire 6P; I hadn’t a clue what an 18650 was. So, I began googling and soon found and joined both CPF and BLF. I have spent many, many hours reading and searching both forums. However, most of my time is spent here.

I really enjoy reading through the mod threads. Almost everything discussed is technically over my head. But, at least I am learning something about the basic flashlight components and their function. I guess my main take away from these threads is the overall, general spirit of collaboration among fellow enthusiasts. Maybe someday, I’ll even attempt my first mod.

Here is where I learned of the RMM Supfire M6 upgrade and the Maxtoch M24 Sniper upgrade, the Astrolux S1 (BLF A6), the Brynite B158, the Jax Z1 Cometa group buy and many other wonderful flashlights. Hopefully, each of these will soon be represented in my budding collection.

There are many, many members whose posts focus on sharing their knowledge, ideas, reviews, results, and most of all… their passion. I think it is fair to say that these kinds of contributions have driven BLF’s popularity. I also think it fair to say, this is what makes BLF special. As for the inevitable “off topic”, “insensitive”, or worse behavior… I just choose to look at it as though the individual is posting a reflection of his/her own self for the entire cyber-world to see.

I really appreciate having been able to PM a few members, who have each been very helpful with mentoring a “noob”.

Carry on, Ladies and Gents…and thanks again!

Okay boys. Now that we’re all settled down I’d like to take you all out to a little place I know. Sexy entertainment. Lots of curvy little Ultrafires waiting for you. They’re all hosts, so all their parts are showing. Cheers!