Armtek Wizard Pro xhp50 2300 lumens!

George, I was just about to send you the link. Glad you found it

Thank you Very Much. Greatly Appreciated.

Thanks for posting this. To compare tints I opened this same video in YouTube on 3 separate tabs in the same window on my screen. I then paused each one on the Turbo 2 beamshots:

One at 3:13 - “neutral” 2300lm (WW I assume)
Next at 3:18 - “white” 2300lm (CW)
3rd at 3:24 - H10 2000lm (Acebeam MTG2)

Now I can click back and forth between the 3 “still shots” for comparison, here’s what I see:

The H10 appears brightest and has a widest spill of all 3 but the Armyteks appear to have a more concentrated hotspot.
The H10 appears to be a coolest tint of all 3, at 3:24 the stone wall actually looks blue.

Comparing the color of the green vegetation in all 3 “still shots” the Armyteks both appear to have a higher CRI than the H10 with the “neutral” (WW) at 3:13 having the best color rendition. And the stone wall at 3:13 (“neutral” or WW) looks grey.

I was considering the Acebeam until I saw the price of it. I’m not aware of any deals on that one.

For the Armytek it’s still a tough decision between the CW/WW but I like the way the green vegetation “pops” in the WW shot at 3:13

However in this video on the white wall shot at 1:12 both tints look ugly, the CW a bluish green and the WW a horrible orange.

beam0: 4:34 in the first video with the Warm White (which he labels neutral?) and Cool White shows some of the “orange” vs “white”. But I notice in the clips where its actually video showing the 2 tints, you can see more orange in the WW. But in the still picture comparisons with only one light in the picture at a time, it doesn’t show the orange that much.

The second video with the WW with the “horrible orange” is what I see. It is very pronounced to me at lower levels (at Medium 2/210 lumens) or lower. At the higher levels its fine…but I don’t usually run it that high so I’ll be dealing with the orange for levels I’ll use the most.

If you prefer “cooler” version of neutral and don’t like the incan look, I’d probably at this point recommend you to look at the CW version instead. As some have mentioned, there’s probably just some tint lottery with these lights as you’ll never know exactly what you’ll end up getting.

As an aside about, I let my coworker borrow my Zebralight SC5w a few nights ago. He loved it so much that the next day, I took him to Illumn to buy one for himself. After getting back to the office, I was really curious so we compared both of our SC5w at max level next to each other. Mine turned out had slightly yellower tint and his was more white tint. But when used by themselves, they both looks good. Heck, I have 5 BLF 348 and each one has just a touch slightly different tint (rosy/yellow/green/white).

Thanks for the reply, I’m sure you’re correct about the tint lottery, thats another reason it makes this a tough decision for me.

BTW it’s the CW version that was said to have some greenish tint, not the ww. The ww was said to have some yellowish in the lower modes.

……………………

Are most of your lights WW or NW?

I’m beginning to suspect screen settings playing tricks here, not sure I can trust 100% what I’m seeing, Also come to think of it maybe the H10 in that vid is the XPH50 version not the MTG2? The creator of the vid has another vid titled: ACEBEAM H10 2000 LUMENS !!! VS ARMYTEK WIZARD but the first screen shows an Acebeam ad showing MTG-2. I’m not able to watch the entire vid ATM:

Just took a glimpse of this vid and WOW the Armytek looks HUGE compared to the AceBeam! I’ve got to look and compare the dimensions of these now. EDIT: I just checked and they are about the same dimensions (108mm x 24mm) I guess he’s just holding the AT closer to the camera.

…………………

…………………

Thanks for confirming that.

…………………

…………………

Agreed about the tint lottery, makes the decision even harder.

Actually while contemplating these tints I’ve been using my T6-4C convoy s2+ over the last few days and I have to admit I’m beginning to like the warmer 4C NW tint! And I’m getting used to it, it has a lot better color rendition than my cooler neutrals, but no yellowish that would detract me from it.

Maybe I should be considering the AceBeam H10 MTG-2.
Just found a coupon code for it, still a good bit more $ than this Armytek but much better than the $110 it was before.

I think it may have just the right tint I’m looking for (I currently don’t have any MTG-2 lights) And the mag ring mode selector seems pretty cool.
Not sure about the 2-3 second on/off delay though. Or the “hold down only” burst mode.

And I really need to have magnet tail, but I guess easy enough to add one.

The H10 is my EDC. The tint is GORGEOUS - don't know the CRI figure but it brings out colours beautifully. Floody beam with a fat smooth hotspot is ideal. Mode selection is faster than any other system and can be pre-selected once you learn that the 4 positions increase clockwise 30-200-500-1000. Delay is way less than 2-3 seconds - hand measure it at ~1 second. Hold down only burst mode is the best decision. Full depression gets you burst mode with NO delay from either off or any of the modes. Delay is only for the other permanently on modes. You couldn't possibly leave it on at 2000 due to the massive heat output. On the other hand having it available for a short time is extremely useful. Checkout my thread for magnet mod.

[quote=beam0]

The French video is deceptive. The H10 never EVER casts a bluish tint. It looks A LOT cooler on this video than it does in real life, which means the Armytek must be particularly warm by comparison as the colour temperature seen must be an effect of the camera setting applying to both torches. To my eye the H10 renders colours very similarly to midday sun - I would guess 5000K at the very most. On a white wall it is slightly pale yellow. It might not be as super accurate as a Nichia but the punchy colours it renders are extremely pleasant

In this German video the H10 is far left and the Armytek Wizard in Warm White is next to it. This is a useful comparison but the video has a very slight green tinge.

I really like the Wizard Pro XHP WW but will not buy one because of this warning of electronics unreliability. I don't know how reliable the information provided in this video is and I honestly hate to do this but I feel duty bound to let BLF know that this guy bought 3 Armytek headlamps, one of which packed up completely and a second developed an electronic fault. His oldest one works reliably.

I'm sorry but the video is completely useless if you don't understand German.

I’ve got an ArmyTek Tiara A1 for well over a year now with no problems. That said, I’m thrilled with my new Wizard Pro XHP CW

[/quote]
I’ve got an ArmyTek Tiara A1 for well over a year now with no problems. That said, I’m thrilled with my new Wizard Pro XHP CW
[/quote]

Yes it's a really great headlamp. I'd love to own one myself.

It's obvious this German guy knows what he's doing and looks after his torches. I'm sure the vast majority of buyers are happy and this guy is just unlucky, but for the sake of complete information here is a link to the relevant section of the video and a rough translation.

There may be some inaccuracy but the sense is correct. There are some small bits missing where I can't tell exactly what he's saying.

13:50 Puts 3 Wizard Pros on the table
14:03 This torch here - I can put a battery in if I like but it simply doesn't work any more. I mean, I've used these torches. I tried to use this one and it stopped working. I couldn't turn it on. I've not been able to get it working despite trying now and then.
14:20 I've had some to and fro with where I ordered it, but just got mad. Anyway it doesn't work correctly. Actually it's completely non functional.
14:32 This one here with the magnet underneath is the Cool White version. This one also doesn't really work correctly. It has the following problem
14:44 [can't hear the phrase here] I'll make a separate video about the electronic problem. It turns and and goes correctly through the modes but the light behind the button doesn't work properly. I'll go into it in a separate video.
15:05 This is my first Armytek Wizard in Warm White, Wizard Pro. Works perfectly and always has. Never a problem. I've spent about 300 Euro on these. 100 on one doesn't work at all and 100 on another that is faulty and the only one that works properly is my oldest one.

I had 2 of these Wizard Pro XHP 50s. Both had a faulty switch. From different dealers.
I had 2 consecutive Dobermann Pros that crapped out within a month, and a third, the replacement, that throws only 30k CD, much less than the 50k CD advertised.

Glad I’ve had zero issues with ArmyTek so far. Sad you’re experiencing the opposite. I’ve had issues with Zebralight more than once. Luckily I purchased them from USA sellers, and my problems were taken care of. What I’m saying is you can have problems with any brand. It’s the luck of the draw…

Edit: My new Wizard Pro is brighter on turbo 1, and lasts much longer that my first gen Zebralight H600F on turbo. I use my headlights for electronic repair exclusively. I need good lighting for extended periods of time, and the ArmyTec provides that for me. Your mileage may vary. For me, it works flawlessly.

That’s 5 in a row by the way. What are the chances of getting 5 bad lights in a row? Sour luck indeed.

I have no idea to be honest. If I end up with problems with mine, I’ll be sure to post then here.

I will say, I have no use for turbo 2. It’s way too bright, and it runs way too hot after a short amount of time. Are you using it in turbo 2?

Any brand will have a small percentage of its output develop faults, but one of the things BLF can do is, through consensus, discover if a particular product has more than its fair share of failures and then make this known to its members and to the manufacturer.

I'm not saying that this is the case here, but if it is, we'll soon know by a heavy response to this thread.

I had a Partner A2 and within 24 hours, the light started malfunctioning. Just tightening the tailcap after placing freshly recharged battery in the light goes into full turbo and can’t turn off until I untwist the tailcap. After a lot of fiddling of the head, it sometimes it works normally but sometimes still comes on full turbo. Returned for full refund.

The Wizard Pro XHP50 is my second one so I’ll see.

But seeing the “sale” Zebralight has on the current versions makes me want to pick one up… I only have 1 Zebralight and its still going great. But I know any brand can have defects.

Right now I still like the light a lot… Only other nitpicky thing is kinda wish this didn’t have mode memory…or at least don’t memorize turbo mode. Just have single click turn on to medium. I never remember which mode I last left the light. Of course I can just double click. It just feels like the single click is wasted since I don’t use it much unless I turn the light off then then on within a few minutes and remember which mode I last left it.

@beam0: Lol…tough decisions huh? Sucks sometimes I’d debate tints forever and decide to pick up a light depending on tint…then if I get unlucky, it feels like a waste of time trying to decide.

I’m looking forward to other people’s experiences. I’m hoping you’re a rare case, bad batch maybe. In any case, I hope you’re being taken care of by the company, or companies you purchased your from.