Armytek Headlamp

Armytek Partners are in stock :slight_smile:

1010 lumens?!

More like 280 - XP-G or XM-L. What’s the point?

more info http://www.armytek.com/promotions.html#partner

no, 230lm, 280lm, 330lm and 260lm
I posted the link

Armytek Wizard Pro XM-L2
Maximal light output: 1010 lumens
LED: Cree XM-L2 U2LED
Tint: Cool White 5500K (?)
The reflectors of Armytek flashlights have been modeled and calculated in computer software for the design of optical systems that enabled to produce a flawless light beam for a long-range distances.
Optics: TIR-optics(?)

I’m obviously looking at the wrong one?
That’s what I see when I open the OP link

Oh, you are looking correct link. First, we discussed Wizard and then started Partner lights. All was mixed :slight_smile:

Saw at cpf forum that there will be a auction for first members of Wizard Pro
It’s interesting what price will be :slight_smile:

I have the wide version and its great but the button is pretty stiff! Really have to apply some force to turn it on. Its pretty bright but floody. I think I would like the narrow version better. The tint on mine is cool white but seems border neutral around 5000k?
Love the build and packaging resembles zebralight alot. The headband seems very solid! So far no problems or complaints except the stiff button.

I had a chance to play with the wizard pro and I kind of like it :slight_smile: don’t like the ui (can’t get to lower modes directly when lit like on zebra) and pwm on firefly
the ar on the glass was messed up, looked like someone’s fingerprint
I liked the floody beam (normal version) and smooth transition to spill… better than h600w flood
but it was heavier and not that much brighter -remember that my zebra is nw
turbo was nice without any timed step-down but it got really hot even outside!
didn’t have a chance to try it in a cave or mine, though I won’t be replacing my beloved zebra anytime soon :slight_smile:

mine has the same smudge inside the lense. I like the Zebralight better but the wizard has a great transition spill. I can see many people not liking the pressure it takes for the button especially after using a Zebralight or Spark.

I think that high pressure requirement for the switch is a “feature” to prevent accidental turn on…which I dont think I’d mind unless its a problem for one hand to do while I’m trying to change modes when its on my head. But the smudge…you are about the 4th person I’ve seen mention it in the AR coating, almost like someone in their manufacturing site is going around putting his finger on the lens to “see if its dry” and marking all of them <—- ARMYTEK CHECK ON THIS PLEASE! An employee is probably finger checking the coating and I want to buy one soon WITHOUT his fingerprint please!!

Mixed feelings on the production release of the Wizard Pro guys.

Great light but some bugs in the intial release firmware mean early versions need to go back to Armytek for updating. The two main issues reported are lockups requiring unscrewing the tailcap momentarity and thermal protection kicking in a bit too early. Both have apparently been resolved by Armytek in the new firmware, along with a few additional tweaks suggested by forum members.

Some of us feel only mildy inconvenienced while others are acting like it's the end of the world.

Be very careful if you are ready to order at the moment as your vendor may have early stock. It might be best to wait a couple more weeks until the updated firmware has been properly tested.

If you haven't read any other threads on the Wizard Pro you should look at the following for a more complete discussion on the issues.

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?288932-Armytek-wizard&amp;p=4766591&amp;viewfull=1#post4766591

Re Narrow vs Wide versions.

Reports elsewhere suggest there is not a lot of visible difference between the flood and the normal version. I have the so-called "narrow" version and it is still very floody. This is what I wanted in a headlamp so it suits my needs. YMMV. I think if you are expecting any kind of spot, the Wizard probably won't suit you.

Re Switch stiffness.

Some users howling loudly about how "terrible" the switch is compared to their beloved Zebras. Others (like me) are fine with the amount of pressure required. Would rather a stiff switch than accidental activation. It does help to make sure your finger is directly over the button as it is much harder to press if you are a little off-center.

A couple of us feel the switch has softened up a little after some use. Will be interested AngryDaddyBird to see if you feel yours does the same.

Certainly Armytek need to jump on this.

Having said that, one BLF user managed to polish off the smudge with a soft cloth. If you are prepared to try it I would suggest photographic lens tissue (and perhaps lens cleaning fluid) and light pressure. Camera lenses and filters are AR coated and the lens tissue is designed for this purpose. Anything else (such as regular paper towel or tissue) may scratch the AR coating.

Everyone has his opinion. I like Wizard Pro, can’t wait to get it with the new UI :slight_smile:

Do anyone see Wizard’s reviews? I can’t find any of them here :frowning:

Not enough people have it yet. The driver bug has delayed orders.

One of the most comprehensive threads here.....

Thanks. It is Armytek Wizard Pro Prototype. Look forward to new UI.