arrrggghhh why are cars so expensive here? :S

The new car was actually my idea.

She would be perfectly happy with a second hand one.

And it doesn't really lose that much if you take into account replacing cars after 3 years and less treatments needed (usually).

A happy wife = a happy life.

I own two cars, a 2008 Mitsu Lancer and a 1989 Toyota MR2 SC ( i own one taken care of. You need manny mortar rounds to take it out)...

There was a day when Toyotas were bulitproof, same with Hondas. Niether (honda/Toyota) in recent models have not lived up to (or not had the chance) the reliability/longjevity. I don't know what the import markup is on cars there is, but get yourself something that is easy to work on..

I guess I just say this as a wrench turner, but if ur going " New" make sure there is some kind of maintenece pack with it.

Good luck :

I really like used because there is no surprise .. you can avoid the bad years and get real data to make a good decision . I like old lexus or old hondas ...made in japan . bulletproof

I was more loking after nice cars. I used to own a tuned and customised Pontiac Firebird with a huge 6,6 liter V8. But now my interests goes more toward motorbikes. Huge motobikes, but not the famos american brand which is actually italian now. I like the japanese brands better, but it should have some american touch. I used to have one of these.

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/products/modelhome/413/0/home.aspx

But I would like to have one of these, whenever they will be availible in europe. I hope I will be in a good financal situation, when this happens.

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/products/modelhome/587/0/home.aspx

Now, you might think: "he must be a tall and strong man". Nope, I'm not. I weight 65 kg only and I'm just 173 cm small. These drive actually quite easy like a bicycle, (ahem) at least once you got them rolling....

Until you drop it and need to hire a crane to pick it up....

Once at the filling station, when I forgot to put a gear, while it was on the side stand. The place was just slightly sloped, barely visible. It rolled away and whamm! 350 kg of bike laying on it's side. It was about midnight and you guess that right, nobody around for help.

The second time was while turning on a tight spot, when I slipped on fine gravel, just in front of the terrasse of a bar. What a shame! But thanks the training lesson I had at the filling station, it was not that much of a shame after all.

Here is how it works:

I have a 340 lb bike and it's too heavy

Titanium frame, hu?

http://www.bikepics.com/suzuki/drz400/

We wanna see pics of you on your bike Boaz.

Well that's a nice mens toy, but a bit to hard to sit on, for me.

widely known as the worst seat on the planet ..its ok for about 15 minutes ....then it's pure torture

Thanks for your comprehension. I have habit for a wide and soft seat and a relaxed leg position. It's to much of a difference. Once I was about to test drive a KTM Duke. Well I was happy to give it back after 20 minutes. I have particular preferences, but I like to try other styles of motorbikes too sometimes. I do test drives on regular bases, even when I don't have intentions to buy one. I have my prefered store for that. They have allways at least 30 recent motorbikes bikes for rent (Yamaha, BMW, KTM).

Once I rented a Yamaha Roadliner Midnight Star just for one day (1,9 liter V2 that is). I drove it mainly on mountain roads for 420 km, no highways and two stops only, (I mention this because of the seat quality). The agility of this one is simply astonishing. Despite it has a titanium frame it still weights over 300 kg, but it doesn't feel alike. It drives easy like a small monobike. Amazing. You should maybe also experience this once (hint: it has a very comfortable seat as well).

200,000km? That's only 125K miles! My 2004 Volvo S60 has more than that. Then there is my 93 Volvo 850...

559692.8km :D

But the old Volvo's are not cars... they are tanks. Don't compare apples with oranges... ;-) .

I only have 460,000 Km on my 94 HiLux.

Those prices are steep, now I know why I don't run in to many Porsche owners on the net from Israel, I knew most of the Scandinavian counties and surrounding countries had import fees and taxes like Israel apparently has. I know a guy from Finland who spent $90,000 USD on a Toyota IQ.

I gotta beat your tank, with another tank... Peugeot 505 2.5 GRD Familial (station wagon) over 700000 km

Has managed to survive 2 parking lot crashes with NO real damage (only parking light broke)... other cars lost their bumpers and lights

I think I read where someone spent that much on a traffic ticket :) Isn't Finland one of the countries when a ticket is a percentage of income? If you're rich your traffic tickets are quite steep.

Just wanted to update that I've ended up buying a used 2008 Renault Megane II (with 60000km) for the bargain price of 15500 USD (this is low for a car of this class), after my girlfriend's brother recommended it to me.

The nice part is that I bought it from the importer's trade-in department, so it includes a 3 years full warranty. The scary part is that I'll probably need to use it some day...

Anyway, after two months and 3500km ( I can say I really like this car. It's comfortable, reasonably powerful, works well, doesn't drink too much fuel and still didn't need any repair shop visit. I hope it stays this way. :) (touch wood)