Astrolux/BLF Copper A01 BLF Edition CODE NOW PUBLIC. $20 Solid Copper AAA!!!

It’s just the fact I’ll be tramping around in the garden in the rain……

Thanks for the vinegar suggestion but I’m quite keen on the compost idea - it’s my own creation after all - well - apart from all the ermmmm “deposits” that my hens make……

Ok, look forward to seeing the results.

Will this light work with 10440 battery or only AAA Alkaline and NI-MH battery ?

and dose it really have a 219C NICHIA with 90 CRI ? i know that the 219C NICHIA is only 80 CRI !

OK, now I feel bad… I hope you like it TK and if you get one of RMM’s Tiny FET drivers, you could make some good twisty firmware for it… A 10440 copper keychain strobe machine…

I know you prefer the 5000K range, so I hope you like this tint too…

What AA version? Like Shultz in the TV Series “Hogans Hero’s” I know NOTHING… LOL No word yet actually, these things take time.

Glad everyone is liking the lights so far. If the LED is off center, and it is driving you nuts, just unscrew the pill a quarter turn or so and re tighten. If that doesn’t work, take the pill out and see if the spacer is “dished” side toward the reflector, one of my Aluminum ones was backwards. I may drop one of RMM’s 10mm FET drivers in one and have it as my 10440 only light… this is a nice little light for sure and thanks for the support to get the copper one and other colors brought to life. Without interest, I am just some dude bugging Neal… BLF and everyone here made this happen. I just got in the way and pointed the interest to the right person.

Cheers MrBig and ReManG for your help (and a special thank you to ReManG for a very helpful e-mail). I’ve disassembled the torch and plugged up the innards with cotton wool, vegetable oil and Vaseline and it’s now sitting in a small pot of compost to allow nature and the worms to do their thing…… Pics will follow assuming I can put it back together :smiley:

They are not rated for 10440’s. That said, I ran one of my aluminum ones for a few minutes on a 3.2V LiFePO4 with no apparent issues. It would be on you if it failed on a 10440 though…

Not a 219C, a 219B-V1 4000K…

I got mine over the weekend. I think the tint is actually quite good. It’s not too warm or too cool. And yes, this thing is HEAVY! I’m so used to a Fenix L0D AAA (aluminum) that it’s quite a contrast. But that’s ultimately a good thing. That body is made of some pretty thick copper.

The UI annoys me though. I understand L-M-H, L-M-H-S… And there’s no memory. But the time in between ON/OFF to clear the last mode is very long. Seems like 30 seconds. And it’s not going back to previous mode — it advances. So if you were on bright, turn it off, then 20 secs later go to turn it on again, you either get moonlight or strobe.

Lastly, I bought two… one has a perfectly clean head, but the other has noticeable dust fibers in the head, which you can see very clearly in “M” mode. No convenient way to open the head to clear it, unfortunately…

can I still get the code for an engraved copper?

It is public in the OP…

Code ReManGA01C

Unscrew the head and look at the back of the pill. Using a pair of pointy tweezers you should be able to find two holes or spaces on the back of the driver to put the points in. Unscrew it counter clock wise to remove pill and then blow out the reflector…

I will post a pic later of what I am talking about if you need a visual…

I got mine today and love it. Now I see why you call it “SOLID COPPER”. It is quite solid copper and pretty heavy!

The machining is better on the copper one, without any sharp edges. All edges are smooth now. Very very happy with it!

Thanks ReManG!

Got mine Astrolux edition today. BLF is still somewhere between China and Europe.

Knurling is slightly less aggressive on the Cu version.

Thanks — I did see the two holes. I have a special wrench for this, but just figured this one is locked in tight. It’s not a huge deal, so I probably won’t bother with it for now, but nice to know that it shouldn’t be terribly hard to loosen.

Beams are slightly different between my two lights. One has a fuzzy hotspot definition while the other has a more visible line. Also, in moonlight mode, one appears just a tiny bit brighter. But this is nitpicking… both are excellent on their own. This is seriously a fantastic deal for a copper AAA light, if you don’t mind the quirky UI. Machining is top rate. The shape is wonderful, feeling great in the hand. And I like how the knurling is more muted on the copper version, as it’s deep enough to be very usable while still having fine aesthetic.

About the tint… for comparison, I have a top rated Zebralight SC52w. Along side each other, the Zebralight looks green! The A01 Cu is warm, but not really “yellowish” at all. Alongside my Fenix L0D, the Fenix looks so blue… and the A01 Cu so naturally warm white. Excellent pick on the bin by these guys.

Request: Maybe Astrolux folks could make a little plastic stand for the A01. It “barely” tail stands on its own and can fall over easily.

Btw, I had a very strange thing happen. Suddenly, I could not get one light to work. Changed it with 3 different cells and no activation. The other light worked fine. I switched the faulty head onto the other body and it worked, so I figured it’s the body. Tried the other head and it worked! Switched back, no joy. So… in one combination both lights work. Very odd. At least they’re both functional.

TIP:

If you turned off your light and then plan to use it again before it naturally resets, you can quickly bypass modes without having to twist. Just press down on the head with your thumb. Each press advances the mode. When you’re at the point where the next mode is desired, just twist.

Mine arrived this day - Thank you again for this opportunity
It´s interesting how different Copper can appear

Love it.

Copper is produced in dozens (maybe hundreds) of different alloys, all with slightly different amounts of trace elements in them besides the copper itself. The redder alloys are usually more pure copper. All alloys have slightly different colors.

This color looks like it has a slight bronze look to it, which likely means there’s some tin in it. But it definitely looks mostly copper.

Hah, don’t feel bad. The warm tint is half the reason I ordered one. Regardless of whether I like it, it’ll be a nice reference. :slight_smile:

what is that tiny light to the left? looks beautiful too!